Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

over rated

Thread: over rated

Post Thanks / Like

Default over rated

i am not a fan of gibson. KRAMER is the best thing that comes out of gibson in my opinin sorry if i ofended you but they just dont appeal to me

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that you aren't a Gibson fan doesn't offend me in the slightest. Your spelling, grammar, and lack of a clear point other than to convey what appears to be a blatant troll, well that's another matter entirely.

Tell us about your Kramer and why you like it more than the Gibsons you've played. Maybe even explain why you feel Gibson is "over rated". Just making a statement like you have to start a thread, well as I said, it sounds like a troll.

Post Thanks / Like

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Kramer's heyday predates the Gibson years. Gibson has only bought them recently and only produces lower end guitars. If you're talking about Kramer guitars from the 70s and 80s I would agree that they are very good guitars. I'm not really a Gibson fan either, but the current Kramers are a poor representation of what they once were.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub View Post
    Kramer's heyday predates the Gibson years. Gibson has only bought them recently and only produces lower end guitars. If you're talking about Kramer guitars from the 70s and 80s I would agree that they are very good guitars. I'm not really a Gibson fan either, but the current Kramers are a poor representation of what they once were.
    This!

I already told him this in a different post of his. I still own my original Pacer Imperial I bought back in '83. The reissue Pacers greatly pale in comparison to the original. It's a shame that Kramer went under. They produced some very fine instruments in their day.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub View Post
    I see superstrats and metal versions of Gibson designs on their site. Nothing to excite me, I must say.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    I see superstrats and metal versions of Gibson designs on their site. Nothing to excite me, I must say.
    In the 80s, Kramer was known for their superstrat guitars. That's what Gibson is currently banking on. They look a lot like the Kramer guitars of the 80s but are produced in Asia. I really like the 70s era Kramers. They guitars were uniquely styled and used aluminum to strengthen the necks.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

KGR, first off, Welcome! I am glad you are a Kramer fan. I don't think I have seen one. However, I agree that your post as worded seems to be a troll. As you are new here, please go read the rules in the FAQ section. We would be more than happy to hear more details on why you like your gear.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to agree with Kramerguitarsrule on this one.

In fending off drunken bar patrons, the rather fragile Gibson headstock will invariably break off before transferrering full swing energy to the ruffian's head.

However, one of those old aluminum-necked Kramers has the longitudinal strength to get the job done nicely. Plus, it's easier to clean the blood from the aluminum surface that wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Giddyup!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kramerguitarsrule View Post
    i am not a fan of gibson. KRAMER is the best thing that comes out of gibson in my opinin sorry if i ofended you but they just dont appeal to me
    A tiny bit vague.
    Kramer...Kramer...anyone...anyone....

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we are really talking about the 1979 film 'Kramer vs Kramer'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jana Kramer
    overrated?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm. I think there is plenty of room for healthy debate on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Jana Kramer
    overrated?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There's a pink one for sale near me. Kinda tempting, if I didn't already have a Jackson just like it.
    http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2692505405.html

There's also a blue one:
    http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/2676141711.html

Post Thanks / Like

I had an early 80's aluminum neck double cutaway back in the day... I'd probably appreciate it more today that I did then.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Hmmmm. I think there is plenty of room for healthy debate on this one.
    Nevermind aluminum necks.

Chickipedia(!) says JK is a Sag, like me, and drinking is her hobby. I am in!
    Less golf, more saxophone