Thread: Hey Hey My My

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Hey My My

Rebuilt my PC over the past weekend and incorporated a 4TB NAS. While moving files over I found this. I have posted videos of other tunes from this concert we did but I don't believe I ever posted this.

Anyway, apologies for the poor audio quality. It was captured 20 years ago with an old-school camcorder and the sound wasn't from the board - just the built in microphone. Oh, that's me sporting the John Oates 'stache and chameleon Kramer.

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.

I lived in New Brunswick 20 years ago. Should have seen you play.

Incidentally, that particular song will always remind me of New Brunswick. One night my friends and I were on our way home from the bar and encountered a guy with a guitar busking on the corner. He was playing "Hey Hey, My My." I don't recall what country he was from, but someplace in South America. He didn't speak a word of English conversationally, but he knew the words to every Neil Young song.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, RoG! This performance was from Rutgers Newark Campus. I did frequent clubs in New Brunswick though...the Roxy was a pretty cool place. You still in NJ?
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody was digging that performance. Great song and true to form.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awesome.

Was the lead singer wearing grey sweatpants? If so, double awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love your old vids! I remember one other one you posted I really liked. Is that one still around? This one is great. Always a fun song to wail away on!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Thanks, RoG! This performance was from Rutgers Newark Campus. I did frequent clubs in New Brunswick though...the Roxy was a pretty cool place. You still in NJ?
    Moved to Tampa, FL in 1992.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer