Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

gig report (without usual overlong commentary; with some non-ridiculous photos)

Thread: gig report (without usual overlong commentary; with some non-ridiculous photos)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up gig report (without usual overlong commentary; with some non-ridiculous photos)

In all my excitement over Crash Pad's Friday show at Boo 2011, I almost forgot that my side pop band, Pedagogy, played the preceding night (Th 11/3) at a club. We opened, I was finishing up a work project that needed to go out the next day before I split for Boo, so I struck the stage and left asap even though I dislike doing that.

I don't do "the usual" stupid guitarist tricks in this band, as some of the covers we do are pushing my skilz envelope and I need to concentrate so as not to trainwreck shit. Besides, this is Joel's (the keyboardist's) band, and he needs to be the center of attention.

Anyhow, we played on no practice after our prior show on Oct. 22, so I really had to concentrate for this'un. No trainwrecks though. Under the circumstances I consider that a success. Hardly a soul in the joint. Sigh.

Any comments welcome and questions gladly answered.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The photos look great. It's weird seeing you so restrained, though.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    The photos look great. It's weird seeing you so restrained, though.
    Haha, it is odd ain't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What songs does this band play?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brian, do any of your bands ever get down to the Tampa area? I know Gainesville has an active live music scene but wasn't sure how far your bands traveled from that home base. If you ever get down this way I'd love to come check out a show. The pictures always make it look like a great time.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    What songs does this band play?
    This is a mix of Joel's originals and pop covers, stuff like Jason Mras, John Mayer, even Seal ("Crazy"). Not really my personal taste but it stretches me as a guitarist.

Some songs here but I guess they're all Joel (haven't heard them), as I know we're not on them:

http://pedagogymusic.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Hey Brian, do any of your bands ever get down to the Tampa area? I know Gainesville has an active live music scene but wasn't sure how far your bands traveled from that home base. If you ever get down this way I'd love to come check out a show. The pictures always make it look like a great time.
    Crash Pad has played the Brass Mug, and I also played there in a predecessor band. Would love to get back down there some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Crash Pad has played the Brass Mug, and I also played there in a predecessor band. Would love to get back down there some time.
    Cool. Not even sure I remember the last time I was at the Brass Mug. Brings back many hazy memories.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Which guitar is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool photos! Yeah, we miss seeing you go nuts on stage!

That yellow guitar looks awesome!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Cool. Not even sure I remember the last time I was at the Brass Mug. Brings back many hazy memories.
    Haha, it's been quite awhile. Iirc Crash Pad played there in 2000, and my predecessor band Smart Bomb played there c. '93 or '94. Unfortunately it's rather seldom we get outside Gainesville, not even on an annual basis. Over the years we've played: Jax, Tally, ORL, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Ocala, Orange County (out in the sticks, literally surrounded by orange groves), and Boo (Alachua County but outside of GNV).

Here's Crash Pad there:

OK, now the thread has some ridiculous pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Cool photos! Yeah, we miss seeing you go nuts on stage!

That yellow guitar looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Nice. Which guitar is that?
    Thanks guys. Eric, that's Stormy, my Schecter Tempest Special in TV Yellow.