Thread: Oh no, not again!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Oh no, not again!

Why is Sean up before 7 AM Pacific Time on his day off? Looks like another kidney stone. The pain woke me up at 6 AM...grrrrr...

I recently quit my soda habit, which was getting pretty bad. I had been drinking a lot of diet soda in order to at least cut back on the sugar, but the doctor tells me that diet is even worse than regular soda for kidney stones. The phosphates, IIRC. Word to the wise; use soda in moderation or not at all.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear. Why just not use use regular water?

Never had kidney stones but I can imagine it is painful.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Sorry to hear. Why just not use use regular water?

Never had kidney stones but I can imagine it is painful.
    I do try to drink a lot of water. That's a real challenge when you're working and sometimes have to go several hours without a restroom break.

It is painful. This is, I think, the seventh stone to pass through me. It's been over a year since the last one, so there's that. The stones before this one were likely caused by eating Tums. I've broken that habit by getting a prescription acid reducer.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

You'll learn to LOVE to drink water. I haven't had stones since 2002 and I drink plenty of water. Mrs. PBP had a huge 10 mm stone that she had blasted 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the 1 big stone is now 3 smaller stones and she will have to get blasted again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    You'll learn to LOVE to drink water. I haven't had stones since 2002 and I drink plenty of water. Mrs. PBP had a huge 10 mm stone that she had blasted 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, the 1 big stone is now 3 smaller stones and she will have to get blasted again.
    Mrs. Piebald has my condolences. That's brutal. Sorry to hear that she has to go back.

I've always been a big water drinker. It's only during the last two or three years that I've strayed into drinking so much soda. There was a time not that long ago when I only drank soda as a mixer. Living with someone who loves soda and drinks it often usually causes problems for me.

I'm currently waiting for a call back from my doctor. I'm hoping to avoid actually having to go in for an exam, since I know exactly what's going on and what to expect, and I don't feel the need to spend $15 to have the doc validate me, but I'm sure he'll have to see me since the 'scrips involve controlled substances.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    I'm currently waiting for a call back from my doctor. I'm hoping to avoid actually having to go in for an exam, since I know exactly what's going on and what to expect, and I don't feel the need to spend $15 to have the doc validate me, but I'm sure he'll have to see me since the 'scrips involve controlled substances.
    I think that's pretty much a guarantee for those happy pills. You may as well make the appointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hang in there. I hear kidney stones are a b--ch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Unfortunately, the 1 big stone is now 3 smaller stones and she will have to get blasted again.
    Sometimes they can just hand around the kidney, as I was told about mine.
    Matter if size, of course. I do not remember the litho procedure being that much of a deal. Ah, modern technology.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Sean, I know from my older brothers years-long problem, that it absolutely sucks. I hope it gets better real soon !!!!