Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Which foot for wah?

View Poll Results: Which foot for wah?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left

1 11.11%
  • Right

8 88.89%

Thread: Which foot for wah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Which foot for wah?

Just a quick Q - I just realized pretty much ALL multifx units etc. have the control pedal on the RIGHT side of things.
    Then I also realized that I also keep the wah pedal pretty near first of the FX...

BUT I like to use the wah pedal with my LEFT foot not the right. Which foot do you guys usually use and any reasons or insight???
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Right foot. I've never really thought about why, but I'd assume it's in a large part because I'm right handed. Also, that's the foot that's used to sitting on a throttle for 2 hours a day so I guess it's more accustomed to the motion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess I prefer left, because I find it easier to stand on right foot for balance, than left.
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right foot for the gas pedal effect.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a righty.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Right. The driving analogy has been made and it's apt for how I equate using a wah or any other kind of expression pedal.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't operate a Wah to save my life.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used my wah pedal in a long time, but when I did I used my right foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Another righty here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I figured that'd be the case because all them FX gadgets have expressions on the right.

I dunno, I just feel somewhat more confident standing on my right leg, the left one is then more free to control stuff. If I stand on my left leg, the position is kind of awkward, because the guitar's weight is more on the right side...and because I always have the mic stand there, it's in the way if the wah is on the right, and I have to reach for it a little...sometimes I almost topple over when trying to use it then, and also have found it really hard to operate the push switch on the wah.

When it's on the left there's no obstacles and I can really even stand on it, and easily apply the power on the switch, and have a better footing.

Probably it has to do with the mic stand the most...and I grew up ambidextrous although I was made right-handed by force, so I guess I don't mind which foot I use control-wise either. Also will kick a ball just as well with left foot.
    Dee