Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
WoW, just saw this vid posted at TGP

Thread: WoW, just saw this vid posted at TGP

Post Thanks / Like

Default WoW, just saw this vid posted at TGP

Does this girl have a gift or what?

Play on Jess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoZy...layer_embedded

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing performance, to be sure, but I view these "prodigy" videos with a healthy dose of skepticism. My sense is that the great majority of these involve technically stunning young players who lack originality and (for lack of a better word) "soul". Few of them seem to be truly enjoying themselves, instead appearing to approach these tunes as technical challenges to be overcome. Where's the joy? Most never seem to get beyond a couple of "Oh, wow!" videos on YouTube. Pardon my cynicism, but that's how it seems to me, after viewing a great many of these "wunderkind" videos.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's Larry?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty crazy. Even if it's only the equivalent of a video game for her, I still can't do what she's doing, so to me it's impressive. I hope she continues with it, because she obviously has the chops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Did you notice her "thin fingers", a must for the faster player. Us "slow hands" have fatter fingers.

Post Thanks / Like

Give the kid credit for what she's accomplished so far. A display of soulful maturity isn't there yet because she's a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Amazing performance, to be sure, but I view these "prodigy" videos with a healthy dose of skepticism. My sense is that the great majority of these involve technically stunning young players who lack originality and (for lack of a better word) "soul". Few of them seem to be truly enjoying themselves, instead appearing to approach these tunes as technical challenges to be overcome. Where's the joy? Most never seem to get beyond a couple of "Oh, wow!" videos on YouTube. Pardon my cynicism, but that's how it seems to me, after viewing a great many of these "wunderkind" videos.
    +1
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Who's Larry?
    Sounds like maybe Larry Carlton less the ES 335?
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I know what some of you mean by the soul-less playing of some technically proficient guitarists. But that's usually evidenced to me not as much by facial expressions etc. as by not having just the right touch while bending or doing a vibrato. This girl seemed to have nailed that part too ~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    I know what some of you mean by the soul-less playing of some technically proficient guitarists. But that's usually evidenced to me not as much by facial expressions etc. as by not having just the right touch while bending or doing a vibrato. This girl seemed to have nailed that part too ~
    Agree. And I checked out another one of her vids, which I thought was even better. Her version of Guthrie's Wonderful Slippery Thing.