As an update here, I've been grinding along with this. And I do mean grinding. This is terribly unnatural for me, but damn it feels good when I pull it off. I've had more success with the band, maybe the beer loosens me up.

This weekend my wife asked if I could sing for her... I kind of froze up, it's really tough for me to even play well in front of my wife for some reason. I guess I just want to impress her that I end up locking up. Anyway, I tried to just focus on my guitar and did the whole Sublime: Badfish song on acoustic, including a cool little improv solo. Towards the middle I really started getting into it, putting my own twist on the lyrics and rasping my voice up a little. It was actually a lot of fun, but now I feel like a more complete musical person. The song is pretty easy, but playing with the band, the syncopated rhythm will skip me up and focusing on getting the rhythm right while singing has caused me to collapse a few times.

Otherwise, the band is happy I can do this now, they've wanted me to sing for some time. The coolest thing about being able to sing and play is being able to take an acoustic anywhere and really make complete music. I need to learn more songs though.

Next song to learn to sing is an easy and a hard:

1. Sublime: What I got
2. RHCP: Dani California (loving my new distortion pedal with this song)

It seems to get much easier the more I do it, but Dani california is very difficult for me right now.