Thread: Singing and Playing

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I think a lot of it was that I was playing a song I can play without any thought whatsoever, Uncle Tupelo's "No Depression" so for once that "what do I sing when I strum what?" that always prevents me from pulling it off wasn't a factor.
    I love that song. I wish I could play it the way Jay Farrar does. Maybe someday I'll get back into the acoustic and try to work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I love that song. I wish I could play it the way Jay Farrar does. Maybe someday I'll get back into the acoustic and try to work on it.
    Yeah, I can't play it like Farrar, let alone sing it like him, but I can strum it out pretty steadily and can conceivably eventually learn to pick it out correctly. It's a nice one to remember as the first one I could sing. Seems about right with where my music listening is these days.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer