Thread: Line POD HD users - are you here?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line POD HD users - are you here?

Just wondering how many POD HD users we have here (HD300, HD400, HD500 or HD Pro).

Raise yer hands.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Not me, but I did want to ask if you prefer to the POD HD series viz a viz the M5/9/13.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Marnold, good question!

Well I like them both for different reasons.

1. When I play a gig/jam and want to have a flexible set up I can change on the fly, I want the M9. The reason is because I can instantly adjust the knobs on the unit in the middle of a song, if need be. The HD500 takes more work to edit on the fly.

2. The HD500 is an audio interface too, so I can use it straight into my computer. It also has amp modeling, and that HD technology, whereas the M9 is just a stomp box modeling.

The HD units are "better" in terms of features, but I still prefer the M9 when I go guitar - stompboxes - tube amp, because I don't need or want amp modeling in front of my amp, and I want to be able to quickly adjust an effects parameter at any time.

Now, if I were to play in a cover band where I need specific tones for each song, the HD500 is perfect. I can run it into the power amp section of one of my tube amps, and get a killer set up. However, I usually want simple and generic tones, and a quick set up, which is why the M9 is a definite keeper for me.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HD500, and still loving it.
    However, lately I've been enjoying guitar > cable > amp (+effects loop with delay only).
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

One IMPORTANT thing if you have an HD unit. Set the input 1 to Guitar and input 2 to Variax. Do NOT put input 2 on "Same"!!

It's weird, but that's the default. It overloads the thingamajars in there and the thingamabobs get mojofied (that's a bit of technical jargon, perhaps over your head).

I just figured this out yesterday, and boy, does it make a difference. With Input 2 set to "same", it gets terrible bright and brittle - basically very "solid-staty" sounding (another good word).

I will post videos of my new patch I created the other day. I get MUCH better guitar tone now, since I learned about this "trick". I'm not sure why this is the default setting.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using the HD400 for a recording setup and it's really good. I agree with you on the aspect of playing live, the PODHD is not as easy to tweak on-the-fly as an old fashioned pedal board and amp setup. That's why I don't use it so much for playing out live, but it's great for recording.

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in adding either the POD HD Pro or the 11 Rack to my studio but haven't found anywhere to try them out. Even the local GC doesn't have them. Has anyone played both?
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit old now but I just recently ordered a used line6 pocket pocket pod express for what I considered to be a very nice price. I've had an HD300 for probably 6 months now or so. Another guy and I picked them up at some point last year and loved them ever since. Now that I have this little express I find myself using just that at home since I can get a great Against Me! like tone out of it as well as a few others with probably 5 seconds of "dial in time".