Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory Inital Impressions

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, does this mean that I inspired a trend or something?

I'm glad I nixed my idea of selling my EX-7 for one of the RP units. Another classic "If you're really not sure what to do, wait for it" situations.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Could'a swore that I posted this already, but I can't find the post.

If 3 fretters want an EX-7, they could go together and get the buy 2 get 1 free Sweetwater Digitech sale:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EX7/
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Wow, does this mean that I inspired a trend or something?
    Another classic "If you're really not sure what to do, wait for it" situations.
    Exactly what I did.
    I've been looking at them ever since they came out. I can't remember how many times I watched the video on the Digitech web site. I just wasn't sure about the sound quality after using and hearing other Digitech products though. They got this one pretty close to perfect. Your reviews helped me make a decision and I'm glad I finally did.

:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean I have to get one too?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Does this mean I have to get one too?
    <Peer Pressure>All the cool kids are doing it, Robert. You want to be cool, don't you?</Peer Pressure>
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    <Peer Pressure>All the cool kids are doing it, Robert. You want to be cool, don't you?</Peer Pressure>
    Plus

<Gear Pressure>All the gearheads are doing it, Robert. You want to be a gearhead, don't you?</Gear Pressure>

Marnold..please change your Contributing Member to Trend Setter.. thank you

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely getting rid of some pedals. The wahs are really good. The tremolo sounds great too but the Chicken Salad has it's own thing going on as well. It's going to be hard to decide that one. The wahs sound as good or better than my 535Q. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I'm definitely getting rid of some pedals.
    So you have as many pedals as guitars? :

Yeah, I got 3 pedals up already.. 4th might be comming..
    I sure hope it's not a honeymoon thing with this pedal..

Post Thanks / Like

I've already sold 2 of the 3 pedals due to the EX-7. The last pedal is pretty much sold by the end of the coming week. The sold pedals were great you bet but this unit saves pedal board space and for me that's a plus.

This is one dang cool unit......go Digitech.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Justa to clarify something I mentioned in second best pedal...

I finally found a place this thing works fine on setting #3 for me thru a NS-2..

Actually, I removed some other pedals.. removed some cables that seemed questionable (I put them together would be the main reason)...

Putting the EX7 before the NS-2 has worked just fine for me.. I have an A/B box to split to both amps so all is well..

I dunno..may have been me all along.. but it just didn't seem right in the loop of the NS-2 on that one setting...

Both the NS-2 and this EX7 are keepers one way or the other! :

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Justa I liked those Space Station swells. We can do something with that in stereo on our next tour.

About your comments on the EX-7 and your pedal chain, in conjunction with the NS-2. I haven't put my EX-7 on my board yet because my Cry Baby is still there but I plan to put it first in line where the Baby sat. That will go first then I figure to put my TU-2 tuner, then the Micro Amp THEN those guys into the NS-2 which will loop my distortions/overdrives and EVH Phase 90 then loop back into the NS-2...then finally out from the NS-2 over to the delay then to the RC-2 Loop Station then into the BLUES JUNIOR YEAHHHH. : As you have discovered it probably does best out of the noise suppresion loop so the cool delay swells from the Space Station aren't cut off etc.

Here's some personal comments on the pedal. I realllly like the Vox wah setting. My effect knobs are pretty much straight up at noon on all three of them and as I switch between effects they all seem to give me the sounds I want to hear so I don't move them. The sound of the Univibe itself was worth the price of the pedal. That effect is super! The pedal gets smiles an nods from me on the other effects too...even though I'm not a big flange fan...it's still cool that it's there and it sounds great. I also have a good compromise on the knob settings for all the distortion effects. I basically tweaked the knobs for distortion on the Univibe/Big Muff PI setting to generate a good overdrive that isn't over the top and the distortion knob settings for that work well with all the others. When I first got the unit and turned on the distortions along with the effects the distortions were wayyy over the top. Now they're balanced just right. It does take awhile to learn what the knobs do and to tweak them to get the right sounds you want but when you finally do it's fantastic. I am very pleased with this one pedal and it's already replaced 3 of them on my board! :
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are killing me. I will HAVE to buy this stupid pedal too now!! See what you've done?!!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    You guys are killing me. I will HAVE to buy this stupid pedal too now!! See what you've done?!!
    So! What about the time I HAD to get that Vox AD30VT! That was all your fault remember! And it was Nelskie's fault for me just having to get that Peavey Classic 30 and it was Justa's fault for me having to get that NS-2 pedal and it was Voodooman's fault for letting me see his '56 Goldtop!!! I HAD to get one of those!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we'll finally be even then...

Post Thanks / Like

Robert. Try before you buy. Mine is already for sale.

Not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Robert. Try before you buy. Mine is already for sale.

Not!
    Dude, you almost had me. AGAIN!!!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Spuds..your just not right...lol

Robert, I have no sympathy for you..
    Sympathy for the Devil!
    You started these darn GAS forums!!

Reverend Hellhound indeed!!! :

you'll still be a few hundred up on the GAS you cause me!! :

Psst Robert..I hear every store only has a few left in stock.. hurry hurry!!!

Tone..the band is going Surround sound!!! heck with stereo!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that since we've been talking about the EX7 that they have become much harder to find so you are lucky if you can find one. Also, someone on another forum said that the prices are going up at the end of January and after that they are going to quit making them.

Oh I'm so evil.: (insert Devil smiley here) None of the above is true. I'm just pestering Robert...cause that's just what we do.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you Spud. Oh by the way, did you know the price on the Luke is going waaaaay up as we speak?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast