Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory Inital Impressions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    I wonder if Spudman ever got his figured out .. or if it was a bum pedal..?
    Simple fix. Now I just play on 10 and don't notice any signal loss.

It's minor but I can tell some frequencies diminish when the pedal is in line. I might have to put it in a loop so that I can totally bypass it. The loss irritates me and I'm so anal I'll end up throwing shots of Jagermeister at the crowd...still in the glass.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am waking this thread up again. That new kind of wah thread got me wanting a wah again. As some know, it will be my birthday again in a few weeks, and I will have some spending money. I don't have a wah anymore, and am thinking of finding a used one of these to add to the board. Pretty much for the wahs available and the vibe.

The other options are a CV tele, or a MIM strat I can mod into a superstrat or that is already there. Depends on what funds will be available. But a used EX-7 seems almost a no brainer.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Crybaby Wah sounds quite a bit better than the EX-7 in my opinion, but the EX-7 has so many cool and useful sounds in it, that it is in fact much better overall value (used or not).

Did that help?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sure! Based on some of the opinions stated in this thread, I think I can find some wah sounds I like, plus a lot more.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

NSP - No Scratchy Pots

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert and Spud both bring up excellent points. I still use mine. Some people don't like the sweep of the pedal, but that's a personal taste kind of thing. I don't use a wah that much, so I'm usually using it for one of its many other functions. As I posted elsewhere, I started using mine for some octave effects on the Whammy model.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well what did you get for the Bday SVL?

I did a clean up around here about 6 month ago. I just had way to many pedals sitting on the floor which I liked looking at, but sure took up alot of room.

I thought about which I really use most the time. Everything is in boxes now except the EX-7(still liking it), Boss Looper(still using it) and a delay(never be without it).. that basicly does everything I use in the last years. The amps already got reverb..what else could a person need. I still think the EX-7 is one of the best and strongest box I ever bought. all in a wah pedal. Space stations are out of this world..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Justa, thanks for the input. I didn't buy anything yet. I have to put some money into cycling, so B-day money may go there, but this is still on my list. I did receive from my family a Kodak PlaySport digital vid cam that will be really fun for videoing adventures, but that is for a different thread.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456