Lev, I liked that clip a lot. Nice restrained use of the effects. The natural inclination for me is to abuse them That will probably change as I get over the "gee whiz" period of owning this pedal.

I did some more messing with the distortion models with no other effect (whammy model set completely on "dry"). I A/B'd the EX-7's Ibanez TS-9 model against my Behringer TO800. It is very close with the same settings. I like the TO800 slightly better. It seems warmer to me than the EX-7's model but it's darn close. Honestly, if I didn't have the TO800 already, I probably wouldn't have a need for a separate OD pedal.

As I mentioned before, the EH Big Muff Pi model is a fuzzier distortion. I can really nail the Black Sabbath tone with it with all of the settings at noon. I don't have a fuzz pedal, so that model will definitely be a welcome addition to my arsenal. I also intend to try it with the Univibe effect for a little Jimi action.

The Boss Metal Zone is quite nice too, although I prefer the sound of an OD pedal driving the Vox's UK70s amp.

The rest of the distortion models are nice enough. The DOD Overdrive model seems like it might be a good solo boost. Beyond that, I prefer the tones I can get from my Vox with our without the TO800 in front of it. I have no idea how faithful any of the models are since I don't own any of the pedals that the EX-7 is trying to emulate. A friend of mine had a Boss DS-1 and that model sounds very familiar to me. If I ever get my hands on any of the original pedals, I'll try to A/B them.