Thread: Shopping for a new delay pedal....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shopping for a new delay pedal....

Ok, I am in the market for a new delay pedal. I had a ehx memory toy and it just sounded like crap to my ears. It seemed I always heard the chorus no matter how i had it set. Anyway, on ebay it went and now I'd like your ideas. I have always had a bias towards analog pedals for the vintage vibe, but in this case I'm open to suggestions. I am looking for a clean delay, I have enough modulation pedals, just something that will do the job. I never used it much, mostly, I think, because of how it sounded to me. Some of my friends liked it, but not enough to buy it off me... Anyhoo fire away fretters!

Post Thanks / Like

Pricey but totally awesome, I love the Strymon El Capistan..

See Cho's review here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...on-El-Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Some videos from Strymon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For plenty of variety, the Strymon.
    For simple, warm analog delay and slap-back, the MXR Carbon Copy.

I've heard good things about the Aqua Puss, but have no personal experience.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love my MXR Carbon Copy for a good simple delay with really nice sound.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

the two I have are: Boss DD-7 ::http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvda3RVczhg
    and: The Line 6 Echo park:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHoy...eature=related

I also have the M9
    Echo Park vs M9 ::http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc5BeespR5E

Recently, Ive been using the DD7 exclusively though.
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

The MXR Carbon Copy is one of the best pedals I've ever purchased. In my opinion, you can not go wrong, unless you must have something else with more bells & whistles. I like the warmer lush repeats of an analog type delay. Not overly dark...just more natural sounding. I usually place it right after my overdrive, and it sounds great.