Thread: Fender 60th diamond anniversary Stratocaster

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender 60th diamond anniversary Stratocaster

My local store has one of these on consignment. I played it and it's nice.

Anyone has any thoughts about the Fender 60th diamond anniversary
    Stratocaster?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

It's USA made.

Sixty Years jeweled headstock inlay 60th anniversary stamped chrome neckplate US Vintage Reissue pickups Reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup Delta Tone wiring 2-point tremolo with stainless steel saddles Original alder body Modern C-shaped maple neck with satin finish Rosewood fretboard with rolled edges Pearloid dot position markers 21 medium-jumbo frets 3-color sunburst finish Parchment knobs and pickup covers Custom Silver Solarium case with embroidered dark red plush interior.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is that the USA version of the 60th ann series I have? I think it seemed like it was a nice guitar. I sure like my MIM version.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what the differences are between the Mexico version you have, and this US made one I saw. It sounded really good this guitar when I tried it.

I got some GAS when I tried, I have to admit! My Suhr neck is quite a bit thicker, so this Fender was easier to play, with its "smaller" neck.

Post Thanks / Like

The pickups are different between those two models. The made in Mexico has Tex Mex pickups. It's a really nice guitar. I've never had my hands on the one you found though. So...did you get it?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah I'm probably gonna pass. $1140 is too much for a used one but since it's on consignment I may try to barter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is it this one? http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN116000

Seems like a nice guitar, but also seems like they can be found for well less than that used. Good luck!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that is the one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that one was part of the same anniversary series as my MIM. It looked really nice at the time.

As you probably recall, this is the one I have: http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN146002
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson