Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Thanks

Thread: Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Hi everyone.

I was just musing about guitars and life and what not right now, and I want to thank everyone on this forum for making it what it is. I'm not talking about anyone in particular, but rather about all of you. This forum has taught me an awful lot about guitars and life in general, and I consider several of you to be pretty good friends now. I just hope that someday I get to meet all of my friends!

And no, I'm not dying/moving/leaving/anything. It just seemed like as good a time as any to reflect on one of the things that makes me feel fortunate and to appreciate it for what it is. So thanks for sticking around this place and being such nice guys and girls. It really does mean something to me, even if it's only an internet message board.

Take care, everyone, and Merry Christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Eric! I feel the same way about this place, and have welcomed your contributions and curious, explorative attitude. Helps make this place a good one!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

This place is a gold mine of great people and good ideas. Personally, I wound up here randomly one day following links from a Google search on Marc Ribot's gear. I got into a conversation with DVM about one of his guitars, a conversation that eventually included an email exchange with Ribot himself. That was several years ago and I've visited The Fret almost every day since.

I'm glad you found your way here as a member Eric. The threads you start are often among the most interesting conversations going on around here as are your contributions to other topics as well.

Despite this being primarily a place to talk about guitar and music, I do very much value the ongoing sports conversations I have here with various members, including yourself.

Also, we like some of the same bands/artists therefore at least some of your musical taste is awesome.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot say enough good things about this site. I also have made friends, gained knowledge, and even got a business started from being here!
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mapka View Post
    I cannot say enough good things about this site.
    Well, keep trying, we like to hear it! Hehe

Seriously, thanks Eric and everyone else who is part of this friendly group. You guys rock (even though some like the blues...).
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I generally don't hand out kudos lightly, but I also feel that this is a high-quality online community, very knowledgeable, genuinely helpful, a place for real music lovers. And it is all about music!

Post Thanks / Like

I am also feeling blessed to be a part of this great forum. To me, it's just the right size for it to feel like an extended family. I've made friends here, learned a lot, and even done some business with some of you. I drop in here pretty much daily, although I don't always contribute lately.

Happy Festivus Fellow Fretters!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just sent a PayPal payment for another year's gold membership.

This mean you fools have to live up to some mighty high expectations in 2012!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tig, and I say it again - you guys ROCK!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all the friendly folks on this site who like music and guitars as much as I do. I was reminded how rare this group is when I got involved a music contest at another site recently, and saw so much personal bashing and mean-spirited behavior from some of the members there. It reminded me why l like this site so much and made me miss the friendly people here.

Have a great holiday everyone! Enjoy some time with your family, even if some of them are guitars ... make music and enjoy your friends, family, and good food!

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with everything that has been posted here. I really do feel part of this community and I look forward to sharing many more projects with everyone. I've got a few irons in the fire right now including drilling out some holes in a Dean EVO for a new bridge and tailpiece, wiring my first push-pull pot for coil tapping the Dean, and also building my first cabinet and amp. Should be a fun winter!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good board. I don't see childish stuff going on here as I saw on other boards. Just knowledgeable folks from the four corners of the world.

Merry Xmas and let's jam!
    _____

GUITARS - Carvin DC127M - Carvin Bolt kit
    AMPS - Bogner Alchemist 112 - Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack
    FXs - Roger Linn Adrenalinn III - Boss GT-10
    _____

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to echo what others are saying: This is a needed respite from much of the garbage that passes as relationships at other music sites. Everyone involved should be congratulated for that, and we need to keep that spirit. This also reminds me I haven't made a contribution lately, so I intend to rectify that soon and encourage others who can to do so as well. I'm sure whatever you can spare will be used wisely and in the spirit of the forum: Music, conversation and fellowship. Special thanks to Robert and the other folks who do such a good job moderating, although it must help that general civility makes that work easier than it would be otherwise.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a safe, joyful New Year.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah