Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Epiphone ES339 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epiphone ES339

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Control View Post
    Hey I'll be happy to post up my thoughts on the 339 when it gets in Spudman. I just hope the wife ain't around when the FedEx truck rolls up!

Post Thanks / Like

Those Reverends look amazing!

Small(er) bodied hollows are wicked though! As most of you know, my Maton BB1200 is in that category, with a body the same size as a LP style guitar. I LOVE it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Control View Post
    Hey I'll be happy to post up my thoughts on the 339 when it gets in Spudman. I just hope the wife ain't around when the FedEx truck rolls up!

That's why you either hold it at the depot for pick up or have it delivered to a friend's house. (um, that's what I've been told)

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar shops should have a divorce attorney on retainer and on duty on the sales floor offering free legal advice and tips on how to pull off stuff like this without serious financial or physical consequences.

I am so blessed my wife approves of and even encourages my addiction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    I am so blessed my wife approves of and even encourages my addiction
    Yes, my friend, you are!

Post Thanks / Like

yep, "335's" are huge. I really like the 339 idea. I inappropriately fondled a flamed Gibson version at my local guitar/pawn/relationship dischord purveyor, and found it pretty damn near perfect. If I could find a way, I'd opt for the Heritage version......They call this a "Prospect" Slightly different shape than a 339, but the same idea. This one is a custom build, which nearly all Heritages are. This would be the only type of guitar I'd trade my 535 for.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Resurrecting an old thread... but I just tried the Epi 339 Pro tonight, and I started feeling gassy...

It's very small, which I like. I have the Hagstrom Viking, but it's a big. I may buy this one I saw in the local store, good price ($410 CAD) and it felt very good to play. We'll see...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I could not help myself, so now I have a Hagstrom Viking and an Epiphone ES-339 PRO.

I dig it.

The pickups seem good, but I may switch them our just to see what happens. I think like the bridge pickup better than the neck pickup.

The size is great! The Viking feels big sometimes.

It's easy to play, and comfortable in all ways.

So in summary, a fine little guitar for the money. I'll get the real thing when I win the lottery. Except I don't play the lottery... hmmm

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new Epi Robert. I think that Epiphone puts out a very good product. And the price is nice too!!! ENJOY.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, riverrick!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice, Robert. I like the 339 size and have heard good things about the PRO's. HNGD!

Post Thanks / Like

Any hands on experiences here? I have played one some two years ago or so in a music store. It was a tremendous guitar and I couldn't believe this was "only" an Epiphone. The neck pu was a little muddy, but I think it was only that the heights wasn't correlty set up. Anyways, I would love to buy one very soon.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I have one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I have one.
    ...and I just ordered one ;-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think mine is awesome. It's okay, and I enjoy playing it. It doesn't have the deep tone as my Hagstrom Viking or a Gibson 339, but it's fun to play. I'm changing the pickups in mine to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don't think mine is awesome. It's okay, and I enjoy playing it. It doesn't have the deep tone as my Hagstrom Viking or a Gibson 339, but it's fun to play. I'm changing the pickups in mine to see what happens.
    Yeah I think it's obvoius that some tweaks will have to be done. Pick Up wise I will chose another pair of handwounded Haeussel pick ups. The nut will be exchanged against a bone nut, but that's about it. It's a session and play the Blues at home guitar for me. The consideration to go for a cheaper Blues guitar is that I will sell/exchange my R7 Goldtop (no music related topic) and I feel I need something Gibson-like, because sometimes I'm just not in Strat mood ;-)

AND, this is my 40th birthday present (yes, I'm opening a new decade chapter today), so it's pretty cool anyways I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived yesterday. The quality is excellent. I was surprised about the setup, nothing to do but tune and play. The pick ups sound really great and I like the neck one - not muddy at all. Today I will thoroughly clean the guitar and put new strings on. The playability is almost perfect, have to decrease the string heights a little bit. Also the intonation is great, I had nightmares regarding that but my worries were in vain. Further it looks beautiful and it is flawless. A little head heavy but that is a well known fact for ES and SGs. Will post a vid soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, glad you like it!

Sent from my Macintosh telephone using Tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like

Took my ES-339 out to band rehearsal yesterday. The guitar sounds so nice and fits so extremely well with Bluesrock. It cuts perfectly through the band sound and it stayed bravely in tune. Especially for the bluesier tunes this is the perfect weapon. Still can not believe the bang for the buck. The semi hollowness delivers something really special that forms the single note. As always you can not compare the bedroom sound to the real thing. This is where an instrument and alos an amph have to "survive". I am of course aware of the fact that my Two Rock is part ofthe beuatiful sound, but even at home playing the ES through a software based amph, it still sounds fantastic. Again, I am happy I made the move and bought it. I had no predjudices against guitars produces in Asia/India, but I know there's lots of "dumb knowledge" out there. I think these folks in Qingdao, China, where the Epiphone factory is located do a very good job. I definitely do not feel the need to mod something. Looking forward to gigging with the Epiphone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast