Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Epiphone ES339
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epiphone ES339

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone ES339

I think I could get into one of these. Specs and features
    I guess they were just released in December

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the smaller body these have. I'll need to check them out in person. I've been wanting an Epiphone price level semi-hollow, but haven't bonded with the past Epiphone Dot's, etc.

I'm GASing for something with TV Jones type pickups, like a Gretsch or Reverend, so I can hold off on the semi Epiphones (I hope!).
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Hag has it covered. So does yours homey.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Want one
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a Epi dot Royale. My 1st Epi....very impressed with the quality of this guitar especially for the price. GO FOR IT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a bummer that Epiphone decided to price the 339 so obviously higher than the Dot. Not that it'll stop anybody from buying one, but we all know that one costs no more than the other to make.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    My Hag has it covered. So does yours homey.
    You didn't read the specs then. Smaller body and coil tapped humbucking pickups. I do like my Viking but it's a really large body compared to what I'm used to. I wont part with the Viking, but if these check out to be as cool as they should I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did read the specs. A smaller body was not different enough for me. Coil taps could be cool I guess, but still not enough. You, however, may need to still further diversify your quiver!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did read the specs. A smaller body was not different enough for me. Coil taps could be cool I guess, but still not enough. You, however, may need to still further diversify your quiver!
    Like Spud needs any excuse... In fact, the only mystery left is which color he'll choose!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I like the smaller body these have. I'll need to check them out in person. I've been wanting an Epiphone price level semi-hollow, but haven't bonded with the past Epiphone Dot's, etc.

I'm GASing for something with TV Jones type pickups, like a Gretsch or Reverend, so I can hold off on the semi Epiphones (I hope!).

Tig - This is the Epi that caught my eye recently - also just came out recently, I think... Might this fit the bill? It has a lot of pickup selection options/combinations - humbucker or single coil splits...

http://www.epiphone.com/News-Feature...wingster-.aspx
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Tig - This is the Epi that caught my eye recently - also just came out recently, I think... Might this fit the bill? It has a lot of pickup selection options/combinations - humbucker or single coil splits...
    Yep, the Swingster is really cool! The first run had quality issues reported, but I believe that has changed since.

For the same price range I'll be looking at a Reverend with Revtron pickups. The quality of craftsmanship and electronic gives Reverend an edge.

The new Flatroc 15th Anniversary:

And to Sensei RT

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a friend of mine tonight out at our weekly jam and he had one of the Epi 339's in red. His wife got it for him for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How was it?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I have had Epiphones before and always liked them. When I saw the 339 PRO I decided I really would like to get one. Its on back-order so I will have to wait awhile. Oh and I found it online for $399 no tax or shipping so I pulled the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Control View Post
    I have had Epiphones before and always liked them. When I saw the 339 PRO I decided I really would like to get one. Its on back-order so I will have to wait awhile. Oh and I found it online for $399 no tax or shipping so I pulled the trigger.
    Sweet! Do give us the rundown when you finally get it.

Post Thanks / Like

How was it?
    I noodled around unplugged for a minute or two and it felt great. Looked real nice too. When he played it through an amp at the jam it didn't sound very impressive but I chalked that up to it being new. I think it takes a little time, some adjustment of pick up height, learning how to EQ your amp to get the best out of an unfamiliar guitar, etc. He's a good player and I have no doubt that once he gets it dialed in the guitar could put a big smile on your face

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Ibanez AM73, a smaller version of the AS series, which is very comfortable to play and sounds great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Sweet! Do give us the rundown when you finally get it.
    Hey I'll be happy to post up my thoughts on the 339 when it gets in Spudman. I just hope the wife ain't around when the FedEx truck rolls up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Yep, the Swingster is really cool! The first run had quality issues reported, but I believe that has changed since.

For the same price range I'll be looking at a Reverend with Revtron pickups. The quality of craftsmanship and electronic gives Reverend an edge.

The new Flatroc 15th Anniversary:

And to Sensei RT

Tig, I am a big fan of Reverend Guitars. I snagged a Red Jetstream (P90 pups) off ebay. Its a killer and I love the bass rolloff knob.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast