Thread: Bought a dozen packs of strings $40

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought a dozen packs of strings $40

$39.95 at www.stringsandbeyond.com - seems like a very good price to me, especially when you factor in Free Shipping to Canada! Yeah!

I use D'addario 10-46.

I finally did my once or twice a year string change on my Suhr. Wow, does it ever sound great now.... but that meant I ran out of strings, so a 12 pack is just what the doctor ordered.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, will have to check their price on Ernie Ball Power Slinkys

Post Thanks / Like

I'm paying $10 less per dozen for what it's worth.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, for d'addarios?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Spud, for d'addarios?
    I'm not sure who makes them but I can tell you that they have been more consistently good than the d'addarios I've used over the years. I've been using them for probably the last 15 years and may have broken 1 or 2 strings. No wobbles or ball end or wrapping issues at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I'm not sure who makes them but I can tell you that they have been more consistently good than the d'addarios I've used over the years. I've been using them for probably the last 15 years and may have broken 1 or 2 strings. No wobbles or ball end or wrapping issues at all.
    So what's the secret brand and where do you buy them?

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't he say at one time that he used Webstrings?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Didn't he say at one time that he used Webstrings?
    Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck buying from Strings and Beyond. I usually only buy when they have a good sale, though. Otherwise I use Webstrings, and I've been happy with them.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm...quite a few manufacturers seem to make 9-46 sets, which is getting close to my preference. 9-11-17-30-40-48 is what I use.

If I swapped to regular sets, that would mean:
    .17 > 16
    .30 > 26
    .40 > 36
    .48 > 46

I wonder how much of a difference that would make really...it could just be the limit where it gets too slinky to play. I really like having a little thicker low end from a .11 set, but don't want the thick top end.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    I've had good luck buying from Strings and Beyond. I usually only buy when they have a good sale, though. Otherwise I use Webstrings, and I've been happy with them.
    +1 on webstrings!
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that does sound like a great buy for us Cannucks. I am paying 5.99 for those per pack.
    It is really a bonus when you factor in the free shipping.
    I doubt revenue Canada will bother with tax and duties on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    $39.95 at www.stringsandbeyond.com - seems like a very good price to me, especially when you factor in Free Shipping to Canada! Yeah!

I use D'addario 10-46.

I finally did my once or twice a year string change on my Suhr. Wow, does it ever sound great now.... but that meant I ran out of strings, so a 12 pack is just what the doctor ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

They haven't arrived yet, so we'll see. I change strings like once or twice a year! I need improve on that...