Thread: Ea 250

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ea 250

I've got an Epiphone EA 250. Mij, full hollow, bolt-on neck, non-original trapeze tailpiece, floating rosewood bridge, last owner lost the pickguard, non-original knobs. I'm looking to maybe sell this and my Jaguar to get a second Gretsch.

This guitar plays, feels, and sounds great, I have no idea why people talk such crap about them on forums, it's just not for me, even though I love the idea of it. It's in great player's shape and very solid

What do you guys think would be a fair asking price on eBay?

Post Thanks / Like

37 views and zero replies! Way to go, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

200 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello G-Whiz,

Do you have a photo of the guitar? What were these selling for new? I haven't heard of this model, so really can't give you an idea of a price without seeing it, and knowing a little about its history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Whiz View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you were expecting from Folks here with your initial post on TheFret. You've got a older bolt on neck guitar that is not that common... you'd do best to put it up with a reserve price and see what happens.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Second post and you insult everyone here. Well played. Maybe no one replied is because no one knows? Would you like a worthless guess?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Whiz View Post
    You post something about some obscure guitar that's full of non-original parts, 'don't bother to post a photo, don't even say what the color or condition is, ask what people think it's worth, then down talk the members for not responding after 37 of them read your lame post and didn't respond?
    What did you think would happen? Did you expect we'd do a search of completed auctions for you, compare instruments, solicit you for additional information, etc.?
    As you say "Way to go guy"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    You post something about some obscure guitar that's full of non-original parts, 'don't bother to post a photo, don't even say what the color or condition is, ask what people think it's worth, then down talk the members for not responding after 37 of them read your lame post and didn't respond?
    What did you think would happen? Did you expect we'd do a search of completed auctions for you, compare instruments, solicit you for additional information, etc.?
    As you say "Way to go guy"
    Wow, such hostility. Over what? A joke? But don't worry, I'm not mad. I would expect something like this from this forum, as I would any other internet forum. I didn't mean to talk anybody down or insult anyone, but you certainly don't have any trouble trying to insult me. I was just using that to bump my post.

If you were having a bad day when you wrote that, guess what? I didn't do it. I said it was in great shape, which I believe would mean it's in good condition, right? I can argue semantics all day long if you want, chief. And it's not "full" of non- original parts. The only non-original things on it are the knobs, bridge, and tailpiece. It sounds to me like you didn't pay much attention to the original post and decided to skip down one and give the second one your full attention. It's a shame, because maybe if you put as much effort in helping someone than being a smartass, then you could have told me a thing or two about my guitar, but just like every other forum, you just had to unleash on me.

I'm glad I didn't read this while I was in the hospital all month.

I'll be over in Gretsch Talk where folks are actually friendly and helpful and don't just freaking bite your head off over an innocent little bit of friendly banter. I won't be back here to take any more abuse. Good night, sir.

Post Thanks / Like

And thank you to those of you that requested pictures and actually tried to give me advice without knowing anything about the guitar. I forgot to mention you in my rant. I commend you! However, the handful of gentlemen above that decided to go off on me has caused me not to want to come back here. It's not your fault!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read this -- a pretty funny series of events. I think the occasional nutty person helps to liven up our forum every once in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner