Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen to tour in 2007?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Van Halen to tour in 2007?

....although looking at this photo I'm not quite sure if Eddie is up to it...

Attachment 739

Van Halen Exclusive: Summer Tour A Go!
    November 7th, 2006

Van Halen Exclusive: Summer Tour A Go!
    Posted by frankmeyer - Monday, November 06, 2006 4:46 PM

Last week, TheFeed ran a story about how Eddie Van Halen's spokesperson Janie Liszewski told TMZ.com that his son Wolfgang was officially the new bassist in Van Halen. Well, now TheFeed can confirm he's in the band via our own correspondence with Liszewski, as well as the fact that there will be a summer 2007 tour!

"Yes, I can confirm this story in the respect of Wolfgang being the new bass player for the band and yes he has been in the studio with his dad and uncle rehearsing and writing for an upcoming summer 2007 tour," Liszewski exclusively told TheFeed. "Wolfgang most certainly has inherited the Van Halen musical genius gene. At 15 years of age his knowledge, understanding, skill, and command of multiple instruments is impressive."

When asked about the rumor that the Van Halen boys will enlist original VH singer David Lee Roth for this tour, Liszewski said, "There has been no confirmation that David Lee Roth will be touring this coming summer."

She also confirmed what Eddie announced on Howard Stern last month, that Michael Anthony is definitely no longer in Van Halen.

So let's recap: We know that Eddie and brother Alex are rehearsing with Wolfgang on bass. We know that there will be a tour this summer. We don't know who will sing for the band yet, but we know Eddie is open to working with Roth (he said so on Stern) and that no one is denying that Diamond Dave could be the frontman. Hmmmm...interesting.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

A picutre speaks a thousnds words. That is not a good picture of Eddie.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures of him on the ads with his new signature Charvel Eddie Van Halen model don't look all that great either. Poor guy. Hard livin'. I mean REALLY hard livin'. Did you see the youtube video of him and one of those Country Singers playing in some parking lot or something? I winced when Eddie tried his two legged scissor jump. ("DON'T FALL ON YOUR ARSE!") His playing wasn't as on as he usually was. Yeah this should be interesting. I wish them luck though!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Not to digress, but, "harumph, harumph",
    MANY years ago I read a description of Steven Tyler
    "With those lips, he can outjagger Mick Jagger, they look like two slices of liver stuck to his face." "He has an incredible voice, however, and Aerosmith may become a very credible contender in the rock and roll arena."

From the photos of Eddie, I believe he may have outrichard'd Keef'!

I hope he will be with us many more years, he is an incredible talent and has had some really tough times, due to "hard living" or not, and we would be a much poorer world without him.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily Steven cleaned up his act years ago. The whole band did and look at the longevity they have attained. Their music just got better and better.

*laughs at the thought of outRicharding Keef* I wish Eddie many more years too. Even if he never changes at least he did what he wanted to do. But I also hate to see people deteriorate. Family members or guitar gods.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

..and here is the new Van Halen bass player (cringe )

Attachment 767
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

I can just predict what critics and concert goers are going to say about VH after seeing them. I'm going to save my money and just sit back and watch the circus as it drives through town.
    Alex must have some cajones to be going along with this especially if he thinks it will fly. And think about it...if this fails what would it do to David Lee Roth's career?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, what's the world coming to? That pic of Eddie reminds me of Clint Eastwood in the movie 'Million Dollar Babe'

To me VH was Sammy Hagar, Michael, Eddie & Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringJoe

To me VH was Sammy Hagar, Michael, Eddie & Alex

WHAT?!?!

Volfgang eh? Cool. Poor Michael though. Eddie ripped him to shreds in one of the latest mags awhile back. Who's gonna do the high harmonies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    WHAT?!?!

Volfgang eh? Cool. Poor Michael though. Eddie ripped him to shreds in one of the latest mags awhile back. Who's gonna do the high harmonies?
    I don't think Wolfgang's voice has broken yet so they'll be all set for the harmonies
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    I don't think Wolfgang's voice has broken yet so they'll be all set for the harmonies
    LMAO yeah you got a point there.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant see David Lee Roth getting back with Van Halen. From what I understand about EVH is that he's a real prick to work with.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update

Van Halen On Hold
    Updated 12:38 PST Tue, Feb 20 2007

It's true. The Van Halen tour that was never officially announced is now officially postponed indefinitely, sources told Pollstar.

The rumored tour took on an air of reality after a trade magazine announced that original singer David Lee Roth was about to sign on the dotted line, and that was soon followed by a press release via Eddie Van HalenĀ“s spokeswoman-slash-girlfriend.

Unfortunately, the worldwide frenzy of a VH reunion was too good to be true, at least for the present day.

However, there was a lot of paper getting inked and Pollstar understands that a tour announcement might not have been far off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

..and it was all going well up to last week when the first publicity shot and interview with Roth was release http://www.bravewords.com/news/60623

...something tells me this will be off and on again several times before we hit the summer.
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Who's gonna do the high harmonies?
    probably the bass player seein' that he hasn't reached puberty yet!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Well IMO it wouldn't be a true Van Halen reunion without Michael Anthony and DLR so....

You think any of us would let by gones be by gones and allow our original bandmembers to join us for a world wide world famous for all eternity reunion tour if we were a famous group like them and we were world famous virtuosos like Eddie? You think we'd just be cool and unselfish and unegotistical and give a nice present to the world? You think any of us could?

Post Thanks / Like

David Lee Roth's Myspace blog

Another fan posted this in his comments section:
    calm down folks..seems it is a rumour that it is not going to happen at all.

Melodicrock & the VHND address the Tour Postponement Rumors
    February 21st, 2007

A new rumor has been circulating that says the Van Halen tour has been "indefinitely postponed". But don't worry - the tour will very likely still happen this summer.

Melodicrock.com issued a Van Halen update in response to the rumors yesterday, saying in part:

"I am told that this postponement should be just that - a temporary situation that can be sorted so that the dates that had been arranged can be re-booked and announced down the track somewhat. The band is unlikely to comment beyond the fact the tour will (at this stage) start later than originally planned. The line-up for this tour remains Eddie, Wolfgang & Alex Van Halen and frontman David Lee Roth."

Also, the VHND's own sources are telling us not to worry and that the tour is indeed going to happen. We know that the date that the tickets were to go on sale has been pushed back from late February to sometime in March. We are hoping that the main reason for this delay is to coincide the official announcement of tour dates with Van Halen's March 12th induction to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Another rumor we want to address - we are surprised to see that some websites are saying that Van Halen is currently being managed by Eddie's girlfriend (Janie Liszewski/High Profile Media). While it is true that Eddie's girlfriend is the band's publicist, the band's manager for the last three years is Irving Azoff.
    Make of it what you will...but I think its going to be great!
    At the least it sounds like they might be jerking DLR around again...if not for the RnR Hall Of Fame show alone.
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; February 22nd, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody wanna bet on how many dates they complete before combusting and canceling the tour?

Post Thanks / Like

Im gonna wager that they do the RnR Hall of Fame show and then screw DLR again...you know, just pump him up and then just "use" him for that one night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast