Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier, now you've REALLY gone and done it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squier, now you've REALLY gone and done it!

Post Thanks / Like

Strange. I kind of like the neck pickup. In my experience, it's a good break from the immediacy of the bridge if you need to do some more understated parts. I should dig out that CV tele and give it some play time. Too many guitars, not enough time...

BTW, a big ol' fat neck is most definitely not what my CV tele has. Feels pretty skinny to me, but still reasonably comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    How about a Strat with Lipstick pickups?????
    Looks be Squier's take on SRV's "Charley" Strat:
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That really is pretty sexy. The nice dark rosewood fretboard contrasting with the bright and shiny rest of the guitar is very appealing to me.

How about a Strat with Lipstick pickups?????

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like them...
    “Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Ah, but that's why Al Gore invented steel wool!
    True. That'll remove the glossy part but not the amber part so much. I like maple to look like, well, maple--not Snooki-maple.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it that the guitar always sounds good on youtube then you get it home and think mmmmm doesnt sound that good. Love to see a demo with no effects through a cheap amp..... but this is marketing of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Strange. I kind of like the neck pickup. In my experience, it's a good break from the immediacy of the bridge if you need to do some more understated parts. I should dig out that CV tele and give it some play time. Too many guitars, not enough time...

BTW, a big ol' fat neck is most definitely not what my CV tele has. Feels pretty skinny to me, but still reasonably comfortable.
    I like the neck pickup on teles too, Eric. But what I like most about them is the radical difference in tone between neck and bridge. It's what gives a standard tele its remarkable range. Set the amp up right and you can go from jazz to classic rock with a flick of the switch and a quick twist on the knobs. But it's also big fun to play with extending that range by dropping in something different at the neck. Keef and Albert Collins chose a PAF, Danny Gatton had his "Charlie Christian" pickup, etc.

Is your CV routed for a humbucker in the neck position? Anyone else? I have a nice mini-bucker here looking for a home.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    Is your CV routed for a humbucker in the neck position? Anyone else? I have a nice mini-bucker here looking for a home.
    Well, I actually have Wingsdad's ASAT with a humbucker in the neck, though right now it's exiled in Minnesota while I'm in Pennsylvania.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you, stingx... I like the sound of both the neck and bridge together, but on most Teles I've tried, the neck alone is too muddy and bassy for my taste. I dig Esquires for that reason... A Squier CV "Esquier" with a big ol' fat neck would be awesome!

Of course, that Fret tech Esquire that DiStefano built for you looks pretty awesome, too!
    I originally bought the Blonde CV Tele to Esquire-ize. I would have kept it and gone through with the plans had that frettech piece not fallen into my lap.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Playing the Classic Vibe jazz last night with the band and it sounded far better than it had any right to.

I'll have to post some recordings of the CV jazz and Ampeg PF500 together as soon as I get a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12