I've got a really good method for creating good sounding tracks on my ipod touch. I found an app called EZ Composer...it's awesome. I create midi tracks with this..choose chords, pick instruments, drums, etc. and export the midi file. I then import that midi file into Music Studio...it automatically routes all the notes and instruments to their own track...I do this because I can get better instrument sound from Music Studio (xewton) It doesn't get all the instruments correct 100 percent of the time but that is easily fixed by tapping on the track and configuring a new instrument...not really a hassle. I then export the track and open it in Multitrack DAW...to add reverb and EQ. Now, here I use 2 ipod touch devices...one is loaded with Multitrack DAW and the other with JamUp. You have to have 2 interfaces to connect the two together. I add a track in DAW and record directly from the other ipod and can then configure the levels, eq, and reverb to mix each track. It actually sounds REALLY good for doing it all on my couch!! Here's a quick demo...let me know what you think and feel free to post your own methods! Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/jamup-ezcomposer-m4a