Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Guess what I'm building....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess what I'm building....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guess what I'm building....

....finally:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to have a coronary! Forget the Mayans, this is a sure sign of the apocalypse! Repent, I tell you, repent!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

About time!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Resistor test board?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Resistor test board?
    Far more than that, it also test capacitors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I actually got started on my JTM45 project over the weekend too! I received my transformers recently and over the weekend I stripped the old amp out of the chassis and started marking out all the new cuts.

Nice job on the board. Very neat and tidy.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the loaded chassis. Now the long, tedious wiring process begins....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I think I'm going to have a coronary! Forget the Mayans, this is a sure sign of the apocalypse! Repent, I tell you, repent!
    +1.

Glad you're getting to it! I'm gonna enjoy the pics on this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

I really can't get enough of amp building threads /me grabs cyberpopcorn

I might be able to help you feel better about the impending tedium of wiring too. I'm not going to thread hijack, but have a gander at what I've got as a starting point now I've all but gutted it. (need to drill out those octal sockets)

EVERY hole on this chassis is in the wrong spot for a JTM45 layout. Even the chassis mounts in the cab upside down compared to a Marshall. I already butchered the chassis once in the 90's, so by the time I'm done she'll be like Swiss cheese!

At least yours is beautiful and clean and shiny and all the holes are in the right spot

Post Thanks / Like

Let me guess... you're building an amp!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I started drilling out a Hammond 16x8x2 box (for a 5E3 based on the PPwatt PCB) yesterday, too. Amp building is in the air! I'm using MPS Transformers, so I'll be able to give you guys a good review of a reasonably priced OT and PT.

My biggest question now is whether to use Orange Drops or Mallory 150s. I've got plenty of both.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    I'm not going to thread hijack, but have a gander at what I've got as a starting point now I've all but gutted it.
    Start a thread on your build, too! Will be interesting to compare my "brand new" build and your "old amp transformation".

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
    My biggest question now is whether to use Orange Drops or Mallory 150s.
    Conventional wisdom says OD's for Fender circuits, Mallory's for Marshalls. Then again, what the heck do those convention guys know, anyway?!?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing to me that you guys can build this stuff. I can barely play my guitar let alone build new gear for it. Keep the pics coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    It's amazing to me that you guys can build this stuff. I can barely play my guitar let alone build new gear for it. Keep the pics coming!
    I taught myself how to build this stuff to substitute for lack of musical ability. I never really got anywhere on the guitar when I practiced, so I went off into collecting stuff, and then building other stuff. It was easier than making myself sit down and practice on a regular basis.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    +1........Oh yeah, I'm totally in awe. DVM built 4 or 5 pedals for me and I had occasion to look inside one of them and it was so nice and clean......and meticulous. Nothing but the utmost respect for you pedal/amp builder guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Start a thread on your build, too! Will be interesting to compare my "brand new" build and your "old amp transformation".
    Oh I absolutely will! All I have right now is chassis and iron. When the rest of my bits start arriving I'll get a build thread happening. Just wanted to make you feel better about the wiring job

Oh and re: C64's comment, That's exactly what I read around the place too.

Post Thanks / Like

Some more progress last night--mounted the board into the chassis and wired in the mains, fuse, PT connections, rectifier socket, and associated switches. More pics:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT??!!?? I hate getting to the last pic and then .... well ... NOTHING! What I can't believe is that you guys not only do some beautiful work but you take time to photograph it. I keep meaning to but get so focused on the build that I don't stop for pics.

Nice job duhvoodooman! Any mods or is this a straight build?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cebreez View Post
    Any mods or is this a straight build?
    Stock 18W TMB, at least to start.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast