Thread: New Marshall 1W models only available in 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New Marshall 1W models only available in 2012

Swheeet!!!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

What a cool idea! I'll take a JCM800 head, the JVM head, and the JTM combo please

That BluesBreaker and Les Paul combo looks amazing too.

I think this is the universe telling me it's time to try a little tube amp out. I couldn't take the looks of the EVJ, I was a little tempted by the champ, but a lil' baby JTM? Yes Please!!!

I went over to the Marshall site right away to investigate further. No pricing, but these little suckers are all hand made with finger jointed birch cabinets (the combos) and everything.

/me waits for the pain of discovering each 1W head is like $900 and the BB+LP combo is $20K...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    What a cool idea! I'll take a JCM800 head, the JVM head, and the JTM combo please

That BluesBreaker and Les Paul combo looks amazing too.

/me waits for the pain of discovering each 1W head is like $900 and the BB+LP combo is $20K...
    ^^^^^^^This.^^^^^^

It's a killer idea, though!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. I'd love to have the JCM head. For my needs, a 50W JCM800 head would be way overkill. And way to loud.

I wonder what output tube(s) they will use? My guess is either 12AU7 or 12AT7 for the output tube.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

It should come as no surprise to most of us that Tung is indeed correct

I've already studied up over at the Marshall site and the JTM at least, has 2x 12AX7 and 1 12AU7

Post Thanks / Like

Im liking the JVM head!! And Rebecca!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll have to sacrifice food or shelter for one of those, but what a sound!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! A bit out of my price range though. Luckily, I'm happy with my Marshall-in-a-box PlexiDrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Price range? I couldn't find a price on the Marshall site. How much are they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Price range? I couldn't find a price on the Marshall site. How much are they?
    I've read between $800-$900 US. We still need something firm to go by.
    10 or 15 years from now, they could become quite valuable.

Post Thanks / Like

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was afraid of. Vintage collectible pricing before they even become vintage collectibles...

I mean srsly. I tried out a H&K Tubemeister in a store the other day. 18W/5W/1W tube head dual channel, loop, footswitch and it sounds AMAZING! $700 Australian.

Post Thanks / Like

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I was afraid of. Vintage collectible pricing before they even become vintage collectibles...

I mean srsly. I tried out a H&K Tubemeister in a store the other day. 18W/5W/1W tube head dual channel, loop, footswitch and it sounds AMAZING! $700 Australian.
    They'll probably be snapped up by collectors and speculators. After the initial run sells out, I expect to see them on eBay for 2x-3x retail soon after. A few years later, they'll be made of unobtanium.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

We could just build one!!! Isn't that what the 18watt forum is all about?

Post Thanks / Like

Making amps isn't always an inexpensive business though. I'm slowly receiving parts from OS suppliers for my JTM45 build, and even though I already have a head shell and chassis, I've put about $750 into it so far. I still have tubes to buy too......

Note: I do appreciate that $750 is FAR cheaper than trying to buy a "real" JTM though. Just in the context of a 1W amp costing $800-$900

Anyway, I suppose I'll wait till the hit the stores and see what they sound like IRL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeap, that's why I thought my Ceriatone was a steal at around $900 or so including postage from clear accross the globe...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a new future project. May take a while but me thinks I should pick a popular amp to build. Then go out of my way to get parts as cheap as possible. May even go as far as to build all of the transformers and chassis from scratch. I can already build the case. You guys may have to keep reminding me. Between old age and ADD I might forget or lose focus.