Quote Originally Posted by 47Taskmaster84 View Post
Mainly for playing it my room. Just with the guitar no other intruments. I am just starting guitar so should I buy a cheap amp to play with or should I just wait and get a better quality and more expensive amp with more wattage (?)?
I'd hold out for something better that actually sounds good. I agree with Deeaa, that amp is likely to sound very bad.

If you're just playing by yourself, you probably don't need a lot of wattage. However, my rule of thumb with solid state amps is to get the most powerful amp you can afford. Why? Solid state amps don't sound better cranked (as opposed to tube amps.) So you'll want as much clean headroom as possible.

Having said that, this is a good starter amp:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...Cube15XL&SID=0

It's about 4X the price, but you get free shipping. The amp sounds very good and has some cool features: line out for recording, headphone jack for practicing, and an aux in to connect an MP3 player to jam with.

If you can't swing that much right now, you might look at getting a used headphone modeller. I've seen the low end Digitech headphone processors for as low as $30 used. They sound good for practice, but you have to use headphones as there is no power amp circuit. You can get a new one for about $50.

The Roland Cube isn't the only one and I'm sure others on this board will make equally good suggestions for other brands.