Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Names?

Thread: Names?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Names?

I know some ppl who have named their guitars. I have also heard that ppl like Eric Clapton and B.B. King have named their guitars.
    So my question to you is have any of you named your guitar/other instruments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My buddy had a Gibson he called 'Debbie' for obvious reasons in the 80s...pretty much all my axes are customs so they have names like 'Davette' and 'Stratoblaster' but that's about it for me.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet!!

Post Thanks / Like

My original ash Strat was named Rainbow after Blackmore's Rainbow. I saw him playing a guitar with the same finish while he had the band.
    Otherwise, I haven't named any of the other 75 guitars that have come through the house, my accordian or cajon that I have. I guess some people do that often though.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't name any of my regular gits but I have named a few of my lap steels.....I have a lap steel (made by Industrial Guitars out of aluminum) that I named Roadhouse Robbie. The kind of git that should have been in the Patrick Swayze movie, Roadhouse. Anyway, this lap steel could easily double as an "attitude adjuster" during a brawl.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Mine I have named Wile E. after my favorite cartton character Wile E. Coyote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If "Tele", "jackson", "Samick Jazz Master", and "Samick Tele" count as names then, yeah, I guess I name my guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been compelled to do this only once, after a friend passed away much too soon, who owned a guitar store yet told me where a Magnatone M10 amp was being sold when he could have made easy money off me as it was only $50. Luke is so more than your average amp, but the real Luke was so much more than your average person. Some people simply need to be remembered every day.

Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, I named my LP Clarence and my acoustic Louis. Not sure why though; I think somebody else may have named Clarence.

None of the other guitars have been around long enough to deserve names just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't named mine other than "The Gibson," "The strat" and "The acoustic."
    Very creative, I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nope. Other than as R_of_G did. Strat, tele (or CV), Hag (or Vik), Martin, Beach acoustic. That's about it.

I don't think of them, or refer to them as "she" either. (or "he" for that matter).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Yep, I've named my electrics, though not my acoustics. Most names are based on color or model name, and all have some sort of logic behind them, though in some cases that logic is attenuated at best.

Here they are with their names, see how many you can figure out why they have the names they do! (Note: while many are obvious, figuring out at least a couple of the others is unpossible without "insider information.")

Left Column / Right Column:

Daisy / Dani
    Farrah / Goldie
    Stormy / Corinne
    Joan / Sonia
    Seven / Candy
    Violet / Ol' Blue
    Honey / Theresa
    Chrissie / Natalie
    Birdie / Brownie
    Ruby / Raquel
    Cherie / Rickie
    Nell / Blondie

And no, when you have 3 Telecasters, you can't just call them "the Telecaster." It's actually more efficient to say "Brownie" than "the Tex-Mex Tele Special," or even "the brown Tele."

But I don't do it for efficiency's sake. It's fun. When my kids were little they especially got a big kick out of it. Not that I don't.

And yes of course guitars are of the feminine gender. "C'est la guitarre, n'est-ce pas?"

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet collection Brian.

I guess now that I sold it, the Strat's new name is "George's Strat." At least that's how I'll refer to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Sweet collection Brian.

I guess now that I sold it, the Strat's new name is "George's Strat." At least that's how I'll refer to it.
    That should be used to play country: "George Strat!"

Although in fact it looks like ol' George always plays acoustic: