Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My former drummer wanted by police regarding shooting of police officers

Thread: My former drummer wanted by police regarding shooting of police officers

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My former drummer wanted by police regarding shooting of police officers

This is just crazy. Our former drummer is a "person of interest" in relation to a shooting near where I live.

See http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...832/story.html

The reporters have been phoning like crazy today, after the RCMP released his name. Google led them to me. I had my phone number on a page for booking gigs. I took that number off fast!

The guy was a real nice and calm fellow. I have no idea how he is involved with this.

Him and his dad played with our band 4 years ago. I haven't met him since, but we have exchanged emails a few times, because he is a really good photographer, and I dabble in that a bit too.

What a strange day!

I stopped answering the phone. I answered the first two reporters' questions, but then I felt like I don't want to be involved with this media gossip game.

They have been phoning Myra like crazy too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How bizarre!

Then again, we're talking drummer here (just kidding!).

Post Thanks / Like

That is crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Robert, that's just nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Then again, we're talking drummer here (just kidding!).
    You could remove the 'just kidding' part from that. In my experience, drummers are completely nuts. Not all drummers are, but if there's a screwy person hanging around, they're probably a drummer.

But anyway...that's crazy news, Robert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Zoiks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whoa! Yeah, it is good to keep your mouth shut. No need to feed the game. Let the pros sort it out. Who knows? He could just be a witness.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You could remove the 'just kidding' part from that. In my experience, drummers are completely nuts. Not all drummers are, but if there's a screwy person hanging around, they're probably a drummer.
    Surely you don't think this guy is nuts!?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    Considering that I've never met him, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was. A person's level of sanity doesn't really seem to have much bearing on their level of musical ability, at least in my experience. And vice versa.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Considering that I've never met him, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was. A person's level of sanity doesn't really seem to have much bearing on their level of musical ability, at least in my experience. And vice versa.
    But it somehow relates to their choice of musical instrument? Welcome to my list of crazy people. Don't worry, it's a long list and I'm on it too.

Post Thanks / Like

But it somehow relates to their choice of musical instrument?
    Well...yeah. I mean, you've really never noticed that certain personalities gravitate toward certain instruments? Bassists are usually a little more laid back than everyone else, for example. Obviously there are exceptions, and it's more the case of a certain personality type choosing a particular instrument than the converse (i.e. all guitarists having one personality), which I think I touched on already.

Anyway, my best friend is a drummer, so maybe that's something I like. He doesn't seem too crazy though. Dunno.

Post Thanks / Like

Now he has been charged with attempted murder. My hope that he was not really involved in this is now out the window...

What's the saying? Mother have mercy on his soul, or something similar.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Charged is not the same as guilty. Best to just let it be, and let the system sort it out. Prayers for all involved.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I know his dad, and I just saw him on TV begging his son to come home... I sure hope this is not what it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope things work out. Like Steve said it seems best to let the issue run its course. Still, it must be very unnerving for you, Robert. Take care!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope things work out. Like Steve said it seems best to let the issue run its course. Still, it must be very unnerving for you, Robert. Take care!

Until then....consider this

A little more predictable, and less likely to fall off the back of the drum riser.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not, but he understands the idea pretty well.

"I don't want to face the killer instinct, face it in you or me,
    so we keep it under lock and key"

-N Peart
    Lock and Key from Hold Your Fire album

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If he is, he'd doing a great job of hiding it!

His daughter died in a car crash, followed by his wife's death 10 months later. I can't imagine the pain he went through, but he manged to recover:
    "Peart took a long sabbatical to mourn and reflect, and traveled extensively throughout North and Central America on his BMW motorcycle, covering 55,000 miles. After his journey, Peart decided to return to the band. Peart wrote Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road as a chronicle of his geographical and emotional journey."

His newsletter/blog is pretty interesting, but I won't discuss it here since it is rather political and religious.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    If he is, he'd doing a great job of hiding it!

His daughter died in a car crash, followed by his wife's death 10 months later. I can't imagine the pain he went through, but he manged to recover:
    "Peart took a long sabbatical to mourn and reflect, and traveled extensively throughout North and Central America on his BMW motorcycle, covering 55,000 miles. After his journey, Peart decided to return to the band. Peart wrote Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road as a chronicle of his geographical and emotional journey."

His newsletter/blog is pretty interesting, but I won't discuss it here since it is rather political and religious.
    I've read Ghost Rider and am currently reading Roadshow -A Concert Tour by Motorcycle. I read his blog as well and generally follow all things Rush/Peart.

In Roadshow, he describes how oftentimes him and Geddy will have to purposefully ignore Alex while playing because he's so funny that they may screw up a part due to laughing.