Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your favorite Skynyrd song?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit that the guitar playing in Lynyrd Skynyrd left a big impression on me when I was growing up, listening to their stuff and trying to copy their licks.
    The song that made the lasting effect on me all these years had been the song "I Know a Little" The intro and solos in this song are just amazing, and still impress me to this day. It's such a cool mixture of jazz-influenced blues lines with lot's Dixie sounding style to it. I'm still impressed by the solos in Sweet Home Alabama as well. What I like most about these solos is that it isn't cliche blues playing within just one tonal center, but the solos follow the changes really well. You can tell that these guys are really playing off the changes and not just flying away with one blues scale. Great playing!

--Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    +1 This is by far my favorite of theirs. It is also one of the few I'm not sick of hearing.

Absolutely! I love this song.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer View Post
    I have to admit that the guitar playing in Lynyrd Skynyrd left a big impression on me when I was growing up, listening to their stuff and trying to copy their licks.
    The song that made the lasting effect on me all these years had been the song "I Know a Little" The intro and solos in this song are just amazing, and still impress me to this day. It's such a cool mixture of jazz-influenced blues lines with lot's Dixie sounding style to it.
    --Jim
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love so much of their music, but if I had to pick one........
    This is the one I dig most, still to this day.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

If only one, I'll go with Simple Man, but I love a lot of their songs.

Post Thanks / Like

I Know a Little.

Can't beat that swingin' bass line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I Got the Same Old Blues is a great one that is not so overplayed as the others (though I like the others too).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12