Thread: Peter's Black Beauty...wow!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peter's Black Beauty...wow!!!

After a lifetime lost, Frampton's guitar returns. Amazing story.
    http://www.spinner.com/2012/01/03/pe...ampton-guitar/

Anyone seen a white Les Paul SG Custom, gold Grovers, gold Bigsby palm pedal, 3 pickup, about a 1961? I had it stolen in about '77. Just askin.....
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

I read that somewhere recently and heard him on the Bob & Tom show this morning. Great story--almost unbelievable after all those years. He sounded genuinely thrilled. He said it was getting refretted and the electronics were shot, but he wasn't going to get the rest of it fixed up--including the scorch mark on the headstock.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Almost unbelieveable, gotta be the wow factor frontrunner for '12 in the guitar world.
    I saw him/this guitar with the Pie in Sacramento, musta been as he had one foot out that band's door, and it was one of the most memorable shows in a lifetime of memorable shows. Few ever put out like that band, especially that nite, and they were a very consistant band. True Rock n Rollers. I also saw him/this guitar w/Frampton's Camel, then again the night before his Frisco show where he made the historic Frampton Comes Alive LP. I can imagine how Peter feels now that the impossible has happened, as I'm currently having a similar moment, but his takes 1st prize above all.

Post Thanks / Like

CBS Sunday Morning had a bit on Peter and gave much time to having reclaimed his baby. Good TV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln View Post
    CBS Sunday Morning had a bit on Peter and gave much time to having reclaimed his baby. Good TV.
    Yep. Saw that, too. Excellent!
    They have an additional section available here:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...in;contentBody