Thread: A little Clifton Chenier for Mardi Gras...?

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little Clifton Chenier for Mardi Gras...?

Pay a visit to the master... hit YouTube, and let it all out...!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the pleasure of working with his son C.J. a couple of times. The band is different in this video with the exception of C.J. and the washboard player. At the time Clifton's old guitar player was playing with C.J. This was back around 1994 and it was always a party fo sure.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    At the time Clifton's old guitar player was playing with C.J. This was back around 1994

Skinny, short guy,sporting a mustache?
    Then it may have been Lil Buck.
    He played with Buckwheat Zydeco last night up here, and we had a (very) quick chat after the show, as he was sneaking out for a cigarette. He said he was with CC for 18 years, and he appears on the CC YouTube segments of the era. Very nice sound out of his Strat..!
    Man, sometimes I fee like putting together my own Crossroads with a number of these old chaps...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule View Post
    Skinny, short guy,sporting a mustache?
    Then it may have been Lil Buck.
    He played with Buckwheat Zydeco last night up here, and we had a (very) quick chat after the show, as he was sneaking out for a cigarette. He said he was with CC for 18 years, and he appears on the CC YouTube segments of the era. Very nice sound out of his Strat..!
    Man, sometimes I fee like putting together my own Crossroads with a number of these old chaps...
    No, it was the old tall black dude playing the red 335. I saw glimpses of him on some of Clifton's old videos, but I don't know much else about him other than he liked herbal medication.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.