Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Apparently, we're idiots. Help, Robert!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently, we're idiots. Help, Robert!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apparently, we're idiots. Help, Robert!

Since my Goldmember status didn't renew automatically, I decided to fix that today by donating $20. I guess that's not the way to renew paid membership, since I still have the "regular fretter" status. I tried to send Robert a private message, but I can't even do that until I'm no longer regular.

Help me Robert! What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: Thread title fixed!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sorry. Lemme fix that for you.

You're not an idiot. The software automatic subscription did not work. I haven't figured out why yet.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that after I donated all my asterisks are gone too. Robert, can you fix me up too?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I just noticed that after I donated all my asterisks are gone too. Robert, can you fix me up too?
    You have been repaired, Spud.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I've noticed that since I renewed, my hair has started thinning, I frequently forget to zip my trousers up in the morning and I've forgotten the name of the capitol of Oklahoma. Did I send too much?! Please advise.

By the way Sean, Goldmember was always one of my favorites. Especially loved Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore...

Post Thanks / Like

Schmoke and a pancake?

Thanks, Robert! I feel complete now.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    You have been repaired, Spud.

Thanks Robert. I'm now in good company.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, I'm an idiot.
    Well, admitting it is the first step.

But seriously, folks, how do I even check when my subscription thingy is supposed to come up or what I gave or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    Robert, I've noticed that since I renewed, my hair has started thinning, I frequently forget to zip my trousers up in the morning and I've forgotten the name of the capitol of Oklahoma. Did I send too much?! Please advise.
    Hmmm. Sounds serious. You haven't tried starting your own guitar company, have you?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

How you check is a good question, Marnold. I have not found the answer to that. I made some changes yesterday, so hopefully members with a subscription will be automatically charged a year from now.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll check my credit card statements. Unfortunately my bank's online system is down now so I can't check right now.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another dumb one; how do you donate if you don't have a PayPal account?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    You sign up for a paypal account and then donate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Good question. I don't _think_ I used PayPal. If I did, it's not going to work anymore because I killed my PayPal account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    I tried to send Robert a private message, but I can't even do that until I'm no longer regular.
    So does that mean you are now not only Goldmember but irregular also?
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to used PayPal........and it wouldn't go through because it wanted me to give credit card info too. What's the deal with that Robert???? The whole purpose of using PayPal for me is so that I DON'T have to use my credit card.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys ever hear of using a check?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mapka View Post
    So does that mean you are now not only Goldmember but irregular also?

Post Thanks / Like

this is why i love this forum !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my. Just redirect your entire paycheck to me and everything will work, I guarantee!

Regarding PayPal questions - I don't know to be honest. The subscription feature is via PayPal, and if you don't have PayPal, you can't have automatic subscription.

You can still send a check or money or diamonds or real nuggets of gold to

Vital Effect
    6708-48 Ave
    Camrose, AB T4V 4S3
    Canada

and I will upgrade you to 007 GoldMember!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast