Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My next amp

Post Thanks / Like

Ask the guy/gal if they'll ship. If not, I can hunt up prices and ship for you if you want.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies View Post
    NC?

I wonder what shipping for something like that would be, I'm 200 miles away.
    It weighs about 60 pounds so it probably wont be cheap.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

as if by some weird serendipitous event, i walked into the pawn shop today and the Crate VC5212 was staring at me in the middle of the floor. Price tag 350. I know I can at least get 50 off of it. I'd like to get it down to 250.

I played the thing, LOVE the cleans on it, it's really awesome, and it is LOUD. I actually wasn't impressed with the gain channel as much but that's just not going to matter much to me. I was disappointed though, the reverb didn't seem to work on the clean. How does that happen? Is that an easy fix?

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! At 50 watts, you can be sure of two things.

1) You're probably gonna have all the clean headroom you'll ever need at gig volumes, and
    2) Tube amphs don't give up the power tube goodness until they are LOUD.

That's okay, though... I'm of the "you can add dirt, but you can't add clean" camp. An overdrive or distortion pedal will do the trick at lower volumes, or an attenuator will work.

Is the reverb a spring reverb or digital? Two very different outcomes depending on how that question is answered. Of course, a delay pedal is an easy fix, and very flexible as well.

Post Thanks / Like

So, my wife bought this for my birthday which isn't until August. Got it for 275. It's pretty damn sweet. I played it for a while before I told the guy I wanted it. I love the look of this thing, it's sturdy as hell, absolutely love the cleans on it and can't argue with the price. I'm extremely happy.

Of course I walk in there and the 2 guys that run the music part of the pawn shop are like "Back again!?!? You love your toys!" - My wife was all "OH REALLY?"

Pffft

Anyway, my wife was getting upset that she never has anything to give me on my actual birthday so I told her she could hold this until then. And I'm not allowed to talk about it.

HOWEVER, the reverb on it is mechanical and it's kind of light even when cranked. I'd like to get a bit more out of it. Any tips from you pros?

Edit:

Also, it didn't come with a footswitch. Does any 1/4 jacked footswitch work on a combo amp with that input?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12