Thread: Rocksmith-Ps3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocksmith-Ps3

Not sure if this is the right forum, but it still about guitars so heres my question: Does anybody have this game or have played it? If so is it worth the buy? Does it help you to learn the guitar? Thx ahead of time for the responses

Post Thanks / Like

I and two co workers have it. We freakin' love it. It has a lot of neat mini games and tons of good tunes to jam along to. It's also nice to just have the tone dialed in by the game. Sometimes it's fun to sound just like the pros! ;-) I'd say it's a great component IF you have the right setup.

Through my TV the delay was unusable. Just utter shit. Worthless. Though my speakers it was fine. So you need to sort or evaluate your equipment first. I have a fairly cheap 47". It has a nice picture but I never really use the sound on it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the PS3 version. I have a complete review here:
    http://www.guitarify.com/2011/11/rocksmith-review/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitarify View Post
    I have the PS3 version. I have a complete review here:
    http://www.guitarify.com/2011/11/rocksmith-review/
    That was very helpful -- thanks for the link. I'm very interested in the game, and am considering buying a system just to get the game. I think I'm firmly in the third category you mentioned in your review: intermediate player looking for a fun way to learn new songs and work on some technique drills. Now, which system to buy...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner