Thread: Hi and Welcome!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi and Welcome!

I'm Robert Renman, and I am also the guy who set up this forum. I live in Camrose, Alberta, Canada, although I'm from Sweden.

I play Squier and Richard guitars, Vox AD50VT and Reverend Hellhound for amps, and I use a bunch of pedals for fun.

Let's have fun with TheFret.Net!

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Rob and I am a friend of Robert's. I live in the desert Southwest of the United States...in the state of New Mexico. I've been playing since I was 13 (for 29 years). I love pretty much all styles of music but enjoy playing DA BLUES I've managed not to sell my coveted Marshall Jubilee and an old 60's style Marshall bottom cabinet (with Greenback Celestion speakers) and have recently bought one of the Vox AD30Vt amps. Mr. Renman is partly to blame for that. I'm left with one mid 80s Studio Les Paul (a nice creamy white) and a new MIM Stratocaster moded with CS Texas Special pickups. I've also got a couple of nice acoustic guitars and enjoy playing those as well. Great to be a part of this tremendous site!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the link

Hi Robert

I'm so glad that you sent me a link for this forum. Seems great. Like I said earlier your web site is great as well.

Originally from Sweden? Cool. Do you know....just kidding. Everyone does that. But, your fellow countrymen the Flower Kings have taken the top slot in my musical inspiration pryamid. What is it about Sweden? There is so much good music and great players coming out of there lately yourself included.

I think your web site is superb. Very intuitively done and great material and inspiration. I'm glad you are around and willing to share with us all. That is what makes for a great community and a musical community to boot.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve, and a big welcome to you! You could post an introduction thread if you want. I've heard about the Flower Kings, not sure what music the play though. I'll check them out. Thanks again for your kind words! This is a great guitar hangout, and we hope you'll stick around.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Flower Kings

Thanks for the welcome. I'm new to forums so be gentle. I'm a tad slow.

If you haven't heard the Flower Kings that's OK for now. Just get Roine Stolt's new solo album from the Inside Out label. It's called Wallstreet Voodoo. Guitar a plenty and oh so tasty. It's already made it to the top of a lot of Progressive reviewers list for 2005. It's in my top 3.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.