Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Grand Vizier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Vizier View Post
    I don't think Floyd would be Floyd without Gilmour thats for sure!!!! Sad about Richard Wright to, the blend of his & Gilmours voice was a perfect match.
    I have a fondness for the Barrett-era Floyd as well, but I agree, Gilmour's guitar and voice are crucial elements of the "classic" Pink Floyd sound. However, I don't think it's Floyd without Waters either, which is why I've never seen the Waters-less Floyd when they've toured.

Did you see the Wall with Roger Waters?
    Nope. I saw the previous tour when he toured Dark Side of the Moon as the second set of his show. The first set contained a mix of Floyd songs and his solo stuff.

If you have not listened to this album before by D.G. check it out http://music.yahoo.com/david-gilmour...mour--50780014
    Oh, I have that one. The other solo one as well. His playing is superb.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret Good choice of music and name, as you can see from my location I must be a Floyd fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitartango View Post
    Welcome to the Fret Good choice of music and name, as you can see from my location I must be a Floyd fan.
    Cheers guitartango,A Cambridge lad eh!! You would no doubt have Floyd in your blood!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Vizier View Post
    Cheers guitartango,A Cambridge lad eh!! You would no doubt have Floyd in your blood!!!

Well I drive through Grantchester meadows and on to hills road...... both well known Floyd places. If only I could play like Gilmour !

Shine on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12