Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Grand Vizier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Vizier

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Grand Vizier

Hi to all, Nice to be here I have not been playing for long only a few years & I have a couple of Fender Strats.
    Hopefully get to ask a question or three & pick up some great advice from you all.
    I come from the Land Down Under.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to thefret GV.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, Grand Vizier.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard GV.
    Your name a reference to the Ottoman Empire or the Pink Floyd song?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Vizier View Post
    I come from the Land Down Under.
    Cheers.
    Welcome to The Fret! You'll find a number of Southerners here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Welcome aboard GV.
    Your name a reference to the Ottoman Empire or the Pink Floyd song?
    Thanks for the welcome all
    The name is reference to an early Floyd song from Ummagumma R_of_G

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! This is a great place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, Great Vizier! We speak Oz and Floyd here.

Cheers from Texas
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Welcome to The Fret, Great Vizier! We speak Oz and Floyd here.

Cheers from Texas
    I see you have a Hell guitar No.2 Tig, I am looking at them with great interest, have you compared with the Squier Classic Vibe Tele?
    Would sound horn with the Bare Knuckles I would think!!
    I am not real big on buying before I try a guitar, its a long way to send back from Oz!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I see you have a Hell guitar No.2 Tig, I am looking at them with great interest, have you compared with the Squier Classic Vibe Tele?
    Would sound horn with the Bare Knuckles I would think!!
    I am not real big on buying before I try a guitar, its a long way to send back from Oz!!
    I've played many different Tele's from Classic Vibes to MIM's, American Specials, and American Standards.
    The CV's were pretty good for the price, if a slight bit ice-picky at the bridge pickup. The CV's (Tele's and Strat's) are a must try before you buy due to the occasional quality inconsistency. The American Special Tele's sounded even better than the American Standards, yet had all of the build quality. Their Texas Special pickups became the mark to compare other to.

I bought the No.2 after watching Robert Renman's demo's and listening to the Bare Knuckle sound samples on their website. Mine has "The Boss" Tele pickups, and I couldn't be more pleased. They sound better than any Tele pickup I've ever heard. They have a an improved bass and mid range, retain the sparkle of a true Tele, and never come close to any ice pick shrill. They are wound just a little hotter than vintage so they can rock hard, and then play pure country clean or jazz.

The quality of the Hell 2 is also incredible, especially for the price. Mine was a prototype, and it has been flawless except for a minor loosening of the input jack. It is light, small body, and comfortable. All of the hardware and electronics are of high quality. Michael (Syo) is a pleasure to work with as well. I can't recommend Hell Guitars enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome all
    The name is reference to an early Floyd song from Ummagumma R_of_G
    That's what I thought. I love Pink Floyd, particularly in that transitional era from the Barrett-led band to being Waters' baby. Good to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I've played many different Tele's from Classic Vibes to MIM's, American Specials, and American Standards.
    The CV's were pretty good for the price, if a slight bit ice-picky at the bridge pickup. The CV's (Tele's and Strat's) are a must try before you buy due to the occasional quality inconsistency. The American Special Tele's sounded even better than the American Standards, yet had all of the build quality. Their Texas Special pickups became the mark to compare other to.

I bought the No.2 after watching Robert Renman's demo's and listening to the Bare Knuckle sound samples on their website. Mine has "The Boss" Tele pickups, and I couldn't be more pleased. They sound better than any Tele pickup I've ever heard. They have a an improved bass and mid range, retain the sparkle of a true Tele, and never come close to any ice pick shrill. They are wound just a little hotter than vintage so they can rock hard, and then play pure country clean or jazz.

The quality of the Hell 2 is also incredible, especially for the price. Mine was a prototype, and it has been flawless except for a minor loosening of the input jack. It is light, small body, and comfortable. All of the hardware and electronics are of high quality. Michael (Syo) is a pleasure to work with as well. I can't recommend Hell Guitars enough!

That is one sweet looking guitar.
    I have checked out Roberts demo's of the Hell guitars, very good as per usual from him.
    Thanks for your info

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought. I love Pink Floyd, particularly in that transitional era from the Barrett-led band to being Waters' baby. Good to have you here.
    Only had the chance to see them live once but it was an experience I won't forget, Gilmour's solos are amazing!!!!
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

H'mm another Australian. I'm going to have to start ensuring the facts I drop about the place are actually correct now

Welcome aboard TGV! Where you at in Oz? I'm in Sydney.

On the topic of Hell Guitars, I have a ZeroDot (Maybe the first one to come down this way) and it's a great guitar. I also play two high end Maton electrics and I can honestly say that so far at least, I can't think of anything in the ZeroDot I'd want to upgrade, which makes them amazing value considering they are like 1/3 the price of my Matons......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    H'mm another Australian. I'm going to have to start ensuring the facts I drop about the place are actually correct now

Welcome aboard TGV! Where you at in Oz? I'm in Sydney.

On the topic of Hell Guitars, I have a ZeroDot (Maybe the first one to come down this way) and it's a great guitar. I also play two high end Maton electrics and I can honestly say that so far at least, I can't think of anything in the ZeroDot I'd want to upgrade, which makes them amazing value considering they are like 1/3 the price of my Matons......
    Thanks for all the welcomes folks.
    Ch0jin I will have to keep you in check digger. You know how much us Ozzies like to stretch the truth
    I am up in the Sunshine State sweating my butt off.
    I'm not sure which way I will go for my next guitar the Hell guitars are very tasty for the price & Michael seems like a decent bloke going by the emails I have received from him. Have to sell a guitar first anyways as I didn't work hard enough this summer. HaHa.

Post Thanks / Like

Only had the chance to see them live once but it was an experience I won't forget, Gilmour's solos are amazing!!!!
    Cheers.
    Cool. I've yet to have the chance to see Gilmour play, though I'm a big fan. I did see Roger Waters a few years ago which was also pretty cool. While his guitarists were good, neither one was quite Gilmour.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I've yet to have the chance to see Gilmour play, though I'm a big fan. I did see Roger Waters a few years ago which was also pretty cool. While his guitarists were good, neither one was quite Gilmour.
    I don't think Floyd would be Floyd without Gilmour thats for sure!!!! Sad about Richard Wright to, the blend of his & Gilmours voice was a perfect match. Did you see the Wall with Roger Waters?
    If you have not listened to this album before by D.G. check it out http://music.yahoo.com/david-gilmour...mour--50780014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast