Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The great purge of 2012.

Thread: The great purge of 2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The great purge of 2012.

OK. I took the day off from work yesterday. I wanted to get my shop in order. I started hauling out the crap. This was going to be a bigger job than I thought. Spring cleaning time. The great purge of 2012 begins.

I removed some low hanging wood storage from the back of the garage. I'd hit my head on it more times than I could count and the lighting was terrible. I decided to open things up a bit.

I realised that I had a lot more crap than I did garbage can space. So I went inside and made the call. $250 and 2 hours later, I had a roll-off box in my driveway. Talk about great service.

Before Shot:

How about an "After" shot? You can see my router table is mounted on an old Philco Radio box. When we moved into the house, the philco cab was out on the tree lawn, so I repurposed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice job! Can you come over for mine next?
    Be sure to bring the band saw.

Putting the table saw on a wheeled frame is a good idea that I'll borrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All that cleaning and purging was fun. You might wonder what my ulterior motive here is...well, I'm trying to build a tele for the 2012 TDPRI Challenge.

SO I have a guitar to build, templates to make and most likely a lot of mistakes ahead of me so I need to get crackin'. I had glued up some ash boards and traced a template. The ash I had glued up wasn't very thick. It would need a cap of some sort. And I'll need another template for the cavity routes and neck pocket. So I decided I'd use the ash for Template 2. I decided to cut up an old pine board I nabbed from the rafters in my garage, it's about 1.75 inches thick so should be good, and not require a cap (e.g., opportunities for me to screw up). I jointed one side and fired up the chop saw.

This is probably too much glue.

Clamped up. Time to wait.

Figured I'd might as well see if I can remember how to use the band saw. So I grabbed the ash outline, and made some relief cuts.

Not too bad.

Finally went back into the house, and saw that my Stew mac order had arrived!

So today, I hope to get a neck blank cut out and may some other work. But I have to make hay while the dumpster is in the driveway so the basement and attic are gonna get some attention today, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Putting the table saw on a wheeled frame is a good idea that I'll borrow.
    Yeah, my garage is small so I have as many things on wheels as possible. The Router, jointer, planer and table saw are all mobile...

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, the garage looks great!

Now you have to make another thread for your participation in the build challenge. I love reading build threads, but am WAY to lazy to head over to TDPRI. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

That's cool and pretty inspiring. I haven't had my own place in over 4 months and almost everything is in storage, so my overhead is pretty low right now, but I'd still like to thin out the stuff I have considerably. It's kind of empowering to dig out and purge all of the stuff that you don't use regularly. It's kind of crazy the emotional attachment you can quickly develop when it comes to stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner