Thread: RIP Randy Rhoads

Post Thanks / Like

Default RIP Randy Rhoads

Hard to believe, but Randy Rhoads died on this date 30 years ago. I often wonder what kind of music he would have made if he had followed his desires to leave Ozzy and study classical stuff more. I wonder if he would have been on the forefront of the neo-classical movement.

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

His was a huge loss. He's be 55 now. Ozzy owes his return and subsequent career to Randy's song writing and playing. I got to see him play once, just weeks before his death.

Here's a really good article: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/randy...c-of-the-week/

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Randy. You are missed.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a safe bet that Randy would have defined the neo-classical style of shred guitar playing. It's also an equally safe bet that he could have put out an all acoustic classical album as well. What a talent.

Post Thanks / Like

From all accounts he was a nice guy. He was raised Lutheran too which is always the sign of a high-quality human being.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, he was only 25? I didn't realize that. Looking up his wikipedia entry now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Randy.

If he was still around he'll have us saying Jimi who? I learned one of his techniques from a song and it was just genius. Easy too.