Thread: Sorry about the tornadoes

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Sorry about the tornadoes

Torndadoes in the news again this year.

Unfortunately, the weather pattern that sent endless cold storms through Washington and Oregon last spring led to the numerous tornado outbreaks in the midwest/south.

Our cold fronts collide with warm air from the Gulf of Mexico in the midwest and south to form nasty storms.

This year appears no different. While the midwest enjoys sunshine and warmth, we're still getting snow showers, high winds, rain, and massive mountain snow accumulations.

Crappy enough for us in the PacNW (another Julember?), but even worse when our systems move across the continent and cause tornado mayhem to the east.

I hope the best for our midwest and south fretters, but fear the worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so you're to blame? Jerk.

Seriously though, I hope it's not too too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Blame the gov't. It's the chemtrails.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

The tornadoes don't bother me. It's the damn cold and snow you've been sending my way. Can you just hang on to it for a while? I want to get out and ride my bike.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, I want to get out biking too!

These fronts are stacked up at our doorstep in the NE Pacific like jets coming into O' Hare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    Spud, I want to get out biking too!

These fronts are stacked up at our doorstep in the NE Pacific like jets coming into O' Hare.
    Unfortunately, this does not make me feel any better. You have my permission to try again with some good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Unfortunately, this does not make me feel any better. You have my permission to try again with some good news.
    OK, I just peeked outside and there's nothing happening at the moment here. No snow or rain right now!

Post Thanks / Like

The jet stream is absolutely bonkers right now for us in NE Wisconsin. It's pumping the heat of the Gulf right to us. We broke a record (set in 1910, I believe) for most days in March over 70F. It was pushing 80F today and it will tomorrow too before temperatures start dropping off somewhat. Mind you, the average high for today is 41F. Just so long as the jet stream doesn't decide to do the same thing in July, I'll be fine with it. I'm saving a fortune in natural gas, or at least I will be since my bill is averaged over the year. I've really wanted to turn on the AC, but I haven't on general principle.

'Course, growing up back home in Michigan we always used to say that on Easter it was either going to snow or be 80. There never seemed to be any in between.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    OK, I just peeked outside and there's nothing happening at the moment here. No snow or rain right now!
    Phew! Thanks for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it keeps happening:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...xasstorms.html

Given our semi-fixed weather pattern, I expect more these headlines.

Post Thanks / Like

And a related story:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

It's an interesting connection between our massive snowpack and tornadoes in the midwest. Our cold, snow-dropping storms, eventually move eastward to collide with warm air from the Gulf to make violent thunderstorms.

Post Thanks / Like

We're back to something resembling normal around here. Temps are still slightly above average, but that's about it. Unfortunately that means the occasional frost which is bad news for the plants that thought spring came three weeks early.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Today's high in Tampa was 88, with an overnight low of 72.
    Current temperature is 78.
    Please enjoy your stay.

ps. My thoughts are with the victims of the tornadoes. Nature can be the cruelest of landlords.