Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
mad as owt!!!

Thread: mad as owt!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default mad as owt!!!

i was on ebay the other day and i came over all nostalgic when i saw a fender strat 62 in daphne blue , and i was sat thinking i remember when my dad bought me one when i was bout six in 75,(well he bought it for himself really but said i could play around with it !!) anyway we sold that guitar a while later as my folks needed the money and they sold it for about £150 in 76' then i scrolled on to the price on ebay for said vintage srtat ...£38000 oh how i wish i could turn the clock back ......i sometimes think the prices for these guitars can get a little out of hand . or is it just jealousy on my part????hmmmm
    i can only please one person a day ...today is not your day .........tomorrows not looking good either

fat people are hard to kidnap!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is sort of like new Brittany Spears CD's...in 45 years they are going to be worth something...so hang on to them and don't use them for target practice (tempting as it is).

I know what you are saying I had a 64 Duo Sonic and a 64 Jaguar that I got rid of as a youngster. What did I know?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

So you have a lot of Britney Spears CD's, Spuds??
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mad4teles , you should check out "the ones that got awat thread" .
    yeah well prices have been escalating for quite some time , back in the 70's when the quality of new guitars was less than satisfying players began to pine for the tonal and build qualities of the older guitars .. with fender it was the pre cbs guitars that became the hot ticket in the 70's as they became scarce the prices started to rise dragging the post cbs mid 60's fenders along with them , today even the 70's fenders which were basically terrible guitars have become desirable and have seen increased prices . its become a bit of a feeding frenzy and prices are not going anywhere but up .6S9L
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6STRINGS 9LIVES
    ...today even the 70's fenders which were basically terrible guitars have become desirable and have seen increased prices . its become a bit of a feeding frenzy and prices are not going anywhere but up .6S9L
    That is the part that I really laugh about. I can understand the big bucks that a truely great, old guitar is pulling on the market, even if it gets in my craw that folks are buying them to store in a vault like Bearer Bonds, but when I see the garbage that was coming out of Fender and Gibson during the Seventies going for major coin, all I can think is how many folks have more money than brains.

My ultimate chuckle is that some brain-dead day trader may have possibly forked out more for my old '74 Wineberry Les Paul Custom than I have invested in my entire guitar/bass collection today. I want to just roll on the floor over that! It was a true boat anchor, all 13 and change pounds of it.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_smith3530
    all I can think is how many folks have more money than brains.
    They are buying them as investments, banking on the prices increasing further.
    So far they have both money & brains. I wonder whether the bubble will burst at some point & they'll be left with lousy kindling.
    I pick a moon dog.