Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Killer deal on Alesis Video Track recorder

Thread: Killer deal on Alesis Video Track recorder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Killer deal on Alesis Video Track recorder

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is a bargain.
    Have you tried one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Vizier View Post
    Wow that is a bargain.
    Have you tried one?

Haven't tried one but listened to some Youtube clips. Sound was clear.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks! I have one on order.
    I've been looking for something decent to record with, both for me and our 11 year old who wants to make movies using his Legos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't need one as I have a nice camcorder and audio recorders, I'd be all over that otherwise.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Stop the presses! After reading a large number of negative reviews on several sites, I'm glad I only have it in the cart and not ordered.
    I don't think I'll get one now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It sure needs to be bad not to be worth $30...
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was in the States I probably would have grabbed one for that price, another $30 odd dollars to mail to Oz is a killer.
    It wasn't HD either, probably a runout model next one will be HD.
    My Android phone takes killer Hi-Def video, if only the audio was as good!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ditto...the audio gets just mush at louder volumes on my HTC as well.

My Sony HD camcorder has a function to lower the sound input and that makes pretty good audio too.
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    Ditto...the audio gets just mush at louder volumes on my HTC as well.

My Sony HD camcorder has a function to lower the sound input and that makes pretty good audio too.
    Yeh it is a bummer they can't get the audio together on the Smartphones as it is something most people have in their pockets or handbags all the time, saves carting camcorders etc around with you.
    I recently purchased a Zoom H1 handy recorder to use as a quick way to record any licks I might come up with whilst noodling on the guitar, I took it to a local gig to try it out & did the right thing & asked the guitar player in the band if they would mind if I recorded them playing for a test, I got a shock when he said NO!!!!
    Funny thing is when they started playing heaps of people got out the old Iphone & started videoing them & nobody said a thing, maybe I need to wear a short skirt & fake boobs next time Ha-Ha

Post Thanks / Like

I use my iPhone with external mic. Does a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my HTC Desire with a program called Tape Machine and it works remarkably well. I just have to be really careful with the levels.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine really overdrives at band volumes. But my buddy has a Nokia phone that can withstand band volumes easily and makes pretty OK video recordings with sound. I've been thinking of getting a Nokia next time, if for no other reason then to support a local company...but the new Lumias are pretty rockin' sweet phones, might be even worth it to go back to win mobile.
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    I use my iPhone with external mic. Does a great job.
    Yeh I have noticed the IPhones do a pretty good job. I think the reason they don't make the Amplitube iRig type of thing for Android phones is because something is not setup right on the Android platform, not sure what, it's all too much for my feeble brain.
    I have an app called single track recorder with adjustable mic levels etc & it is still ordinary for recording bands.
    Funny thing the music player in the phone is up there with my Ipod.

By the way stingx what does the external mic plug into on your phone? I only have a mini usb & a headphone jack.

Post Thanks / Like

There's only the Apple proprietary interface to plug into.

http://tascam.com/product/im2/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    There's only the Apple proprietary interface to plug into.

http://tascam.com/product/im2/
    That is cool!!!!