Thread: Samick SAN 450

Post Thanks / Like

Default Samick SAN 450

I'm looking for info about my old Samick. In line with the Samick website I emailed them with serial number, photos etc (3 times) but never rec'd a reply. Can anyone help? I'd like to find out the year and place of manufacture, original pickups, materials etc. The serial number is 9202066 and it's cherry colour, looks just like a 335 (I can't attach pics to my posts yet). I'm so sick of explaining that it's a Samick rather than a Dot that I'm tempted to stick an Epi decal on it - I already call it a Dot when people ask what I have cos it saves so much time!

Post Thanks / Like

Standard construction on 335 type guitars is laminated board pressed into shape. The face woods are usually maple but the inner layer may not be. I've seen a few Samick semis, your model is quite well thought of and is the equal of any Epi Dot. They usually have the "correct" features the Epi misses out on like a bound neck. Some have the long type pickguard. That's about as much help as I can be.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have finally received a reply from Samick, so for anyone else who's looking for this info and finding it almost impossible to find (I even asked a couple of guitar evaluation experts), this is what I received from Samick this morning:

Your guitar was manufactured in 1992, the SAN450 model was discontinued in 2001 when the Greg Bennett series was introduced. The specs for the SAN450 are as follows:

335 style body
    Maple arched top, back, and sides
    Mahogany neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    22 frets
    24 3/4” scale
    Dual humbucker pickups (stock Samick pickups, more than likely ceramic and designed similar to late 50’s style humbucker)
    2 volume, 2 tone
    3-way pick up selector
    Chrome hardware
    Die-cast tuners
    Tune-o-matic style bridge with stop tailpiece.