Thread: COSMic Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default COSMic Rock

Here's a bit of playing with the Roland GR55 Guitar Synthesizer setup on my Kramer Nightrider and plugged into my Behringer Xenyx X1204 mixer and recorded using my Microsoft HD-5000 webcam.

I've had this synth since it's debut, played it intensely for the first couple of weeks and then I slowly went back to my lazy "plug-the-guitar-straight-into-the-amp" and have not used it since... today I decided to take it out for a play date and recorded some pieces... and here is one of them.

The sound in this piece is strictly using the GK3 synth pickup and more specifically the factory loaded, unmodified, "Heavy Gt W/Sweep" patch. This patch utilizes Model "E. Gtr H&H-ST", PCM1 "EuroExpress1", PCM2 "TrnsTweedPad" and a bunch of effects... anyway what you hear is mostly the COSM Model the synth have a very slow sweep and come in when I hold out the notes longer.

The tracking of the COSM modeling is great but the PCM/synth tracking is ok you must play very clean with little or no nuance, i.e. no little harmonics here and there, pick scraping, wrong mute... all of which takes away the beauty of playing guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

NIce one and really rocking one. Thanks for sharing.