Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Adelaide South Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hi from Adelaide South Australia

Hi everyone, my name is Cliff and I am from Adelaide, South Australia, Have just taken up guitar again about 8 months ago, I gave guitar up when I was 18 after my first band split and yeah wrong move. But hey not to worry. So I decided to go nuts and have a midlife crisis and get myself some Guitar gear and start to teach myself how to play again. (WHO EVER SAID YOU NEVER FORGET - TOTAL RUBBISH) I use to play real well and also read music. Can still play so so but read music not a chance lol..

Anyway here is some of my gear I got, nothing fancy but remember going through a midlife crisis and when I gave guitar up I had a Sakai Guitar with a 15watt Coronet Amp lol.

Here is a list what I got now.

Guitar 1 : Ibanez RG370BK
    Guitar 2 : Jackson DK2S
    Amp : Peavy ValveKing VK100 head with Quad
    Effects Line6 M13 Stompbox..

So I have signed up with the forum to see if I can get some help setting the tones on the the M13 and not having much luck. I play stuff from Joe Statriani, Steve Vai, Judas Priest, Iron Maden, The Shadows, Pink Floyd and lots more.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! We seem to have a few Australians signing up lately which is cool.

I can't help with the M13 though. I'm still rocking a cupboard full of individual stomp boxes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, Cliff! There are several here who have picked up the guitar again after years away (me, too).

You'll find plenty of useful information in places like the Beginners & Newbies and the Technique, Theory and Playing sections.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cliff, welcome to The Fret!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the kind welcomes . I bought the M13 because I was told the were a great stompbox pedal. I sold my Line 6 POD X3 Live to buy this. Am starting to regret that move as I have the X3 live set up well with some on the Vai and Satch and other tones. Have had the the M13 for about 2 weeks now and got nowhere. Maybe got a sort of a decent Pink Floyd tone but still not great. Dont want to get rid of it as I bought it brand new and cost me $500 Aust. Frustrated is a understatement

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome Cliff.

I have an M13 too. I've been gigging it for the past couple of years and I really like it. Simple to use and set up. I don't worry too much about trying to emulate anybody else's tones with it though. I get a sound in my head and then I tweak it to what I want to hear. It works great for that. It's a keeper for me. It works better at band volumes than at home in a sterile listening environment. It's too easy to nit pick it at home. On stage or at rehearsal it really shines with the amph turned up.

I hope you enjoy thefret.net.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome Cliff!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Hi and welcome Cliff.

I have an M13 too. I've been gigging it for the past couple of years and I really like it. Simple to use and set up. I don't worry too much about trying to emulate anybody else's tones with it though. I get a sound in my head and then I tweak it to what I want to hear. It works great for that. It's a keeper for me. It works better at band volumes than at home in a sterile listening environment. It's too easy to nit pick it at home. On stage or at rehearsal it really shines with the amph turned up.

I hope you enjoy thefret.net.
    Thanks for the welcome

Yeah I suppose your right there, I am trying to set the tones in my room, But I find it to hard to get the sounds while I am jamming at the proper volume. And some of the sounds I am trying to achieve are very hard to get right as I said the Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are the ones giving me the most of a headache. But I suppose I will get there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Welcome Cliff!
    Cheers for the welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from the other side of the world. Always exciting to get a new member, especially an Aussie!

I've been kind of teaching myself guitar for the last year and a half with a massive amount of help from the guys here. They're pretty good about making me feel like there are no stupid questions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies View Post
    Greetings from the other side of the world. Always exciting to get a new member, especially an Aussie!

I've been kind of teaching myself guitar for the last year and a half with a massive amount of help from the guys here. They're pretty good about making me feel like there are no stupid questions
    Thanks for the greeting from where ever you are in the world

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_Adelaide View Post
    Thanks for the greeting from where ever you are in the world
    Nowhere too exciting, Virginia in the US via NYC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies View Post
    Nowhere too exciting, Virginia in the US via NYC.

Nowhere exciting hey. Well you should try Australia, The country that is in the never never and to bleeding hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I use Line 6 HD500, HD300 and M9.

Thanks for joining!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff_Adelaide View Post
    Nowhere exciting hey. Well you should try Australia, The country that is in the never never and to bleeding hot.
    I works nights in the US, supporting our Aussie offices. I think we have an office in Adelaide, but most of the work is Perth.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Cliff

I see you like the Shadows , were you named after their lead singer? . Nice to see another Floyd fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Cliff! If you get your answer on the M13, stick around and participate in the discussion. The more the merrier!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitartango View Post
    Welcome Cliff

I see you like the Shadows , were you named after their lead singer? . Nice to see another Floyd fan.
    Yes you hit the nail on the head there, Yes I was named after Sir Cliff Richard as my Mum is a big fan, the house is covered in Cliff Richard pictures lol. And I also love the sound of Hank Marvin's guitar playing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast