Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Angd!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angd!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Angd!

Almost new guitar day....as in we've made the deal, but the guy wouldn't take a personal check (can't blame him, really) so I have to stop back with cash to complete the deal. This is the DeArmond Starfire Special that I asked for some input about in a previous post. Played it yesterday at the seller's home through a Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI and a 1966 Ampeg Gemini II (which was a cool amp, but that's another story). Played great, sounded great (I can understand the reputation of the DeArmond 2K pickups now), and is in absolutely mint condition. Tried it both clean and through a Bad Monkey for some overdrive--really nice, articulate tones. Nice OHSC, too. Will pick it up sometime this week. Here are some photos the seller posted on the local Craigslist:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Congrats!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh!! And what's this about a Gemini?

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. I bet that Gemini sounded awesome. I play my Special through a '65 Rocket 2 at times and the notes are really full and round. Just incredible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, veeeeery nice! I'd have bought it too.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I hope you are able to reel that one in. Very beautiful. How old is that guitar?

Post Thanks / Like

I like that. Very classic and classy looking. Dearmond made some great Korean guitars a few years ago.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

that looks awesome !!!!! congrats !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous! I'll bet those pickups sound incredible... Congrats, DVM!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitarhack View Post
    I bet that Gemini sounded awesome. I play my Special through a '65 Rocket 2 at times and the notes are really full and round. Just incredible.
    That's a good characterization of how the Gemini II sounded--very full and round. Gorgeous clean tone. It had a single 15" speaker in the cab--not sure exactly what kind, because the guy said he had removed & stored the original JBL because of its value (smart move). He said he'd had it for many, many years and loved it, but commented on what a PITA it was to change tubes, because it uses weird types. Almost none of them are made anymore, and the NOS versions cost a fortune. He also commented that he owned a Reverb Rocket, but that his son (also a player) had appropriated that one some time ago. BTW, his main guitar is a Gibson CS-336, basically an ES-335 with a scaled down body. Didn't get to see that, though....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

(almost) Congrats! That looks real nice, right up my alley as it were.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a sweet buy there, DVM! With a whammy bar, no less! I don't know if I'd recommend dive-bombing with it though.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Looks like a sweet buy there, DVM! With a whammy bar, no less! I don't know if I'd recommend dive-bombing with it though.
    Yeah, prolly not the right guitar for "Eruption". Actually, this will be my first guitar with a Bigsby vibrato. Not planning this guitar to be a mod platform, but I very well might install a tune-o-matic bridge with roller saddles. I doubt that dragging the strings across the V-notched saddles is very good for string life....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Picked it up yesterday. NICE guitar! Sounds great both clean & dirty.

Couple of my own photos:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great DVM!
    I think you're on the right track with a roller bridge to go with the Bigsby... just makes sense for those subtle vibrato's!

Enjoy!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really surprised to haven't realized the benefits of NOS siding yet, DVM.

That guitar even looks better in your pics. Congrats!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

What a beauty - cool looking guitar! I'd love to hear what it sounds like...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
    I think you're on the right track with a roller bridge to go with the Bigsby... just makes sense for those subtle vibrato's!
    And when I got it home and looked carefully at the bridge....it already has roller saddles! This guitar has a lot of nice features and aesthetic appointments. About the only thing I'm not to keen on are the pot knobs, which strike me as rather chintzy looking. But that's a really minor point and easily addressed....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That's real nice. Exactly the vibe I'd be looking for should I decide that two hands and four guitars aren't enough

My first reaction the the knobs is the same as yours. Maybe something like these? (I have these in Silver on my ZeroDot and Black on my BB1200 so I'm a bit of a fan of the style)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast