Thread: Marshall class 5 input

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marshall class 5 input

I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a marshall class 5 and am looking for some opinions. One, any first hand opinions on its tone. What do you like/dislike about it? Two, combo or head and why? I am leaning towards the combo just for ease of transport and $ reasons but am trying to do my due diligence. My local guitar center does not have a head for me to demo. I play blues and classic rock, sometimes I use single coil axes but usually play 'buckers. Thanx fretters, sound off!

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan, because of the lack of clean headroom, even for a 5-watter, and the rattiness of the distortion. At that price point I'd look at a Blues Junior or even a Fender Mustang 3.

But if you dig it, buy it!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't own one, but I've played on a couple. I liked it... to my ears it sounded like a Marshall, with the volume knob being more of a gain knob than anything else. It could get plenty loud, and there are a couple youtube vids of folks playing on stage with one, miked. If you like squeaky clean tones though, this ain't gonna be the amph for you... If I were to buy one, it would be the head/cab, because I could find a 12" cabinet to use.