Thread: It Bites

Post Thanks / Like

Default It Bites

It Bites has started it's reunion tour with John Mitchell (Kino, Arena, Frost) replacing Francis Dunnery on guitar. All other members are original and John Mitchell has been playing with keyboardist John Beck in Kino for years. No American tour dates have been announced yet.

http://www.itbites.com/
    Last edited by Spudman; December 10th, 2006 at 04:46 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading reviews around the internet and so far nobody is missing Francis Dunnery a bit. The consensus is, as I expected it to be, that John Mitchel is AMAZING! Old fans are really impressed and excited to have this great band back in action.

Me too! If it wasn't for Robert I wouldn't be a fan because I didn't know about It Bites until he told me, but I certainly knew who John Mitchel is and am a huge fan of his.

Music to check out Kino, It Bites, Frost. You'll see what I mean.

There is even a video of one of the latest It Bites shows on Dimeadozen if you are already a member then you can get in to see it. The site is at its member quota and won't allow any more registrations right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud,
    If you were limited to one to three songs, what would you recommend as "essential listening"? I have about that many free downloads left on realplayer this month.
    Glenn
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

It Bites is a great band - glad I got Spud hooked on them.

"Kiss Like Judas", "Still To Young To Remember", "All In Red" are cool songs. Check out some of them at http://www.myspace.com/itbites
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Kino - Loosers Day Parade. Some good Kino on Youtube.com

It Bites - Ask Robert about this. He knows more of their material than me. Maybe "Underneath Your Pillow." Check Youtube.com plenty of It Bites videos. Check Underneath Your Pillow from the Japan DVD.

Frost - Blacklight Machine

Post Thanks / Like

Sound clips from the new It Bites album along with an interview. Wait for the clip to load. It sounds great!

http://www.itbites.com/bob-interview-pt1.mp3
    http://www.itbites.com/bob-interview-pt2.mp3

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds really good. It was an interesting interview too. I didn't know their previous albums would cost 100,000 pounds - that's a lot of money for a not so well known band.
    Thanks for posting this, Spud!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2008 album and tour

Tour dates have been announced for the UK and the album release date is July 21.
    More informaton here.

A new bassist has been added.

Post Thanks / Like

I found some good old live clips. 20 years ago, I listened to these tunes daily. It Bites have had a huge impact on me musically.

I think these are from the same Tokyo gig. Awesome playing by everyone!

Still Too Young to Remember

Kiss Like Judas

Let Us All Go/Murder Of The Planet Earth

Yellow Christian

Screaming on the Beaches

Leaving Without You

Calling all the Heroes

Post Thanks / Like

Cool vids,now I understand why your having a jones for a marshall amph.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Album release date

IT BITES
    InsideOut Music is proud to announce the signing of famous British band It Bites. Their new studio album 'The Tall Ships' will be released on Sept. 29th 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Spudman, did you check out the old youtube videos above that I hunted down? They are pretty awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Spudman, did you check out the old youtube videos above that I hunted down? They are pretty awesome!
    I think I've watched every It Bites video on YouTube. Great stuff. As much as I like Francis Dunnery I think John Mitchell is perfect for the group. He's incredibly talented so they are in their element with him. Not to mention this version of It Bites is mostly Kino.

Post Thanks / Like

I've listened to some their new stuff and it's interesting, but to me It Bites was 90% Dunnery. Without him, there is no It Bites in my book. The Mitchell guy doesn't excite me, unfortunately.