Thread: NGD: 2012 Les Paul Standard

Post Thanks / Like

Talking NGD: 2012 Les Paul Standard

I took a break from playing the past two years - barely picked a note. I have rediscovered the fire and decided to celebrate that rediscovery with a new Les Paul. The 2012 Standards are amazing. All four pots are push/pull: The two volume pots split the coils, the neck tone pot reverses phase, and the bridge tone pot bypasses the electronics and feeds the bridge output directly to the jack. The coil split and phasing happen without any loss of volume, which is very cool. Lots of tonal possibilities here........

The finish is Trans Black and is stunning in person. The binding and plastics are cream. Forgive my poor photography. I'll try to get better outdoor pics soon:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36...D/IMG_0895.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36...D/IMG_0897.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36...D/IMG_0900.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36...D/IMG_0901.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Very flamey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HNGD! That looks nice.
    I like the push-pull switch electronics. I didn't know Standards came with it.

Which pickups did it come with?
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, folks.

Tig,

The pickups are BB Pros.

I also wondered why the case candy included 2 allen wrenches. Turns out the guitar has a locking bridge and stop bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Excellent! My favorite Gibby pickups.

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous guitar! Congrats on the purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice looking guitar! Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Nice collection overall man!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

I spent all weekend playing it and I'm in love. The compound radius neck is very comfortable and the setup plays great right out of the box. It's also the heaviest of my Lesters at 9.6 pounds. I foresee many joyous notes being played on this guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

HNGD!!! It's a real beauty....love that flamed top. The new one's seem to come with a lot of cool extras. The compound radius neck, the push/pull pots. ENJOY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty. Plays great out of the box, that's what PLEKking is supposed to accomplish, right? That's quite a room to go unused for that period of time. Glad to hear you're back to pissin' off the neighbors.

Congrats.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That looks nice! I am not normally a big flame fan, but that one looks very handsome.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new Gibby.

That one is stunning.

The electronics package and compound radius neck seem like very nice features!

If I were more of a guitarist, that's one I'd have to seriously consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

The more I play it, the more I like it. It feels great in my hands and I love all of the sound options I get with the coil splitting and phasing.

One thing I'm going to change is the knobs - the stock knobs are very short and are difficult for me to pull on the fly. I'm going to get a set of black top hats for it.