Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My first build is finished...

Thread: My first build is finished...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default My first build is finished...

Full build thread is detailed at TDPRI. If you really want to check it out, it's here: http://www.tdpri.com/forum/2012-tdpr...-thread-4.html

I screwed the neck on, and stuck the bridge on.

Here's a random shot of me putzing with the bridge, getting things aligned and such. It's probably the best of all these pics as far as showing the actual color of the guitar and the grain of the wood.

Using 2 strings to align the bridge...

I brought it to work to show my coworkers. Here it is, sitting next to my 5E3 modded Valve Jr.

So now the only thing left to do is get the video. That's a Rose California humbucker, which is Ken's interpretation of a PAF. The volume pot is a push pull, so I can do parallel or series mode on the PUP. Also, I think this would look good with a black pickguard, so I ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Pickgua.../dp/B00579U09K.

I learned a ton and will definitely be building more.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking guitar.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have been keeping up with your thread at the TDPRI. Not a member there, but I do lurk, as there is a ton of useful information on that forum. You went through some trials and tribulations on that build, man! You should be congratulated on your perseverance. You made a cool guitar! Look forward to your next build!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been following this in that other place too. Well done and I think you're right about the black guard.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool deal. That seems to be your biggest accomplishment to date, so congrats. I'm thoroughly impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner