Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Blues Jr New speaker ideas?

Thread: Blues Jr New speaker ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blues Jr New speaker ideas?

ok, after much diagnosis i have determined there is a small tear in my stock Bj speaker and it has been high time for awhile to replace it. any suggestions? I play mostly blues and classic rock and am a huge fan of texas blues sound. I have researched the celestions and eminence, leaning towards either a vintage 30 or the texas heat or cannabis rex. i am open to any suggestions so i can do my due diligence before pulling the trigger. Sound off fretters

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out...from the guys at WGS
    http://wgs4.com/content/g12c

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally, I'd go with the Cannabis Rex.

Here's an excellent article to read before choosing, from BillM Audio, "The Right Speaker for your Blues Junior":
    http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=295

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Personally, I'd go with the Cannabis Rex.
    That's exactly what I did with my Blues Junior. Very satisfied with the Cannabis Rex in mine.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaning more towards the cannabis rex based on the price difference, they have a good reputation and plenty of positive reviews in the BJ. I'm a researchaholic though and always want to feel like I'm making the best decision the first time. Helps me sleep at night!!

Post Thanks / Like

Also, any thoughts on the eminence GB128?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Love my C-Rex, it's in a stand-alone cab. I vary between my 5E3 and Pro Jr., both sound great. TBH, I've never really heard a modern speaker I don't like. They are all a little different, but all sound good.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, i was about to pull the trigger on a c-rex but then a brand new vintage 30 fell out of the sky at a killer price. needless to say it has since been installed and sounds stellar! i am considering building an extension cab and most likely will try c rexs in that. Project for another day!

Post Thanks / Like

I put a ev12l in mine but you need to reverse the baffle to make it work. Best sound I have ever gotten out of a blues junior.